Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/5/2005 1:12:11 PM EDT
Aperature on a A2 sight do you just back out the screw on the left side of the tower? I was worried about the windage knob coming off and loosing some small parts. Also I won't need any special tools to do this if all I have to do is back out that screw, correct?

Thanks...
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:27:02 PM EDT
Wrong. You need a 1/16 inch punch and you need to drift out the rollpin that retains the windage knob to the screw assembly. Be carefull when you remove the windage knob as there are either 1 or 2 small steel check balls and associated springs in the back of the windage knob. Then you can remove the screw and change the rear sight aperture. The number of check balls varies by manufacturer. A gunsmith.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:44:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1911builder:
Wrong. You need a 1/16 inch punch and you need to drift out the rollpin that retains the windage knob to the screw assembly. Be carefull when you remove the windage knob as there are either 1 or 2 small steel check balls and associated springs in the back of the windage knob. Then you can remove the screw and change the rear sight aperture. The number of check balls varies by manufacturer. A gunsmith.

Hey thanks buddy! I think you just saved me a bunch of hard times...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:45:11 PM EDT
Is there a how to link aywhere?...Anyone....

Thanks...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:51:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:26:02 PM EDT
Hey thanks buddy!
Top Top