Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 12:55:18 PM EST
I have observed that black magazine followers and even the improved "anti tilt" green followers hang up if displaced downward at an angle. Inspection shows that this malfunction is due to the leading edge of the front of the followers coming in contact with the magazine body and preventing the follower from returning (rotating) to its normal position. In a perfect world, this would seldom occur. Experience has show that this does occur with both types of followers and reducing this type of malfunction was the primary reason for the development of the green follower with extended legs.

To prevent this type of malfunction, I modify all of my followers by sanding a 1/16" radius on the leading edge of the followers as shown in the photo below. My favorite tool for this modification is my Wife's fingernail file "emery board" ( you single guys will have to figure out where to get such tools). Modify and test in the mag to ensure you got it right. Quick and simple with 100% results if done properly. I have never had a magazine follower malfunction on magazines modified in this manner. In fact, I do not change out my black followers anymore. Try it on one of you balky mags using an old black follower and see if you like the results.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:00:09 AM EST
magpul followers?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:56:36 AM EST
Can you post a close up of a sanded and unsanded edge comparison?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:57:16 AM EST
Can you post a close up of a sanded and unsanded edge comparison?
Top Top