Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2017 4:53:23 PM EDT
Given the same upper (16-inch, mid-length gas tube), ammunition, etc., what would be the impact of switching from a carbine-length setup (standard spring and 3 oz buffer) to a rifle-length setup (standard spring and 5 oz buffer)? Is the impact the same as switching to a comparable weight buffer (H2?) in the carbine setup, or do the longer rifle-length tube and spring somehow compensate for the heavier buffer?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:07:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I've noticed that my ARs with A2 Stocks  and 16" barrels shoot a lot more smoothly. I've also noticed that the charging handle is A LOT easier to pull back.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Please check out and get subscribed to my YouTube channel! I make my own gun parts! [spam deleted and account locked - Paul]
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Please check out and get subscribed to my YouTube channel! I make my own gun parts! [spam deleted and account locked - Paul]
View Quote
Reported for ban
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:41:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Alas poor noob Josh Riley...

September of 2017 sign up and didn't make it to post # 10 ...

Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Back to the topic...

Can you expect a carbine upper running good on a "carbine" lower (collapsible stock & buffer) to run on a "rifle" lower (fixed stock & buffer)
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#7]
To the Stockade you go.

Dilly Dilly

Queen - Another One Bites the Dust (Official Video)
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 12:40:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Back to the topic...

Can you expect a carbine upper running good on a "carbine" lower (collapsible stock & buffer) to run on a "rifle" lower (fixed stock & buffer)
View Quote
Generally no problem at all.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#9]
test
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top