Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/1/2006 1:19:08 AM EDT

I put the rubberized Hogue monogrip and my AR. I LOVE it. Every AR I build until I die is going to have one of these. It is definitely top 10 for best 20 bucks I have ever spent.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:08:40 AM EDT
Your Right and a BIG +1
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:31:11 PM EDT
just curious, did you ever try an Ergo grip?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:37:00 AM EDT
I like the Hogue also. Head and shoulders above the A2 grip, and fits my hand better than the Ergo grip.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:53:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2006 4:10:39 AM EDT by npd233]
Try their toilet seat.

www.hogueinc.com/
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:07:24 PM EDT
Every gun I own has some type of Hogue grip on it!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:46:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:13:19 AM EDT
speaking of the Hogue grips, I have a set on my RRA that fit perfect. I just got two for a couple new AR's I'm building and they seem to be a little too wide where they meet the receiver, causing an obstruction for the safety. Anyone else run into this? I'm thinking of shaving a bit of it off to slim it down a little to match the width of the receiver.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:22:37 PM EDT
I actually wish they would modify it slightly. Get rid of the bottom 2 finger grooves, and have a slight swell to it in the palm area.

My pinky and ringer fingers dont fit so well in those groove areas. I find my fingers sitting on top of them, not in the grooves.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:30:55 PM EDT
I just put their pistol grip on my AR today, and yes its a little tight around the safety switch-I was thinking about shaving it a bit too. Maybe it will self clearance? Im curios to look at one at the local shop to see if it rubs too, as Rock Rivers got them on most of their stuff stock that the dealer carrys.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:23:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By npd233:
speaking of the Hogue grips, I have a set on my RRA that fit perfect. I just got two for a couple new AR's I'm building and they seem to be a little too wide where they meet the receiver, causing an obstruction for the safety. Anyone else run into this? I'm thinking of shaving a bit of it off to slim it down a little to match the width of the receiver.

Yes, I had the exact same thing. I just took some sandpaper and scaled it down a little. It works fine now.!! Try it out.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:04:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tom1000rr:
I just put their pistol grip on my AR today, and yes its a little tight around the safety switch-I was thinking about shaving it a bit too. Maybe it will self clearance? Im curios to look at one at the local shop to see if it rubs too, as Rock Rivers got them on most of their stuff stock that the dealer carrys.

I had the same problem. Had to shave some of the grip to make the safety move properly.

Mike

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:43:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By new-arguy:
Houge grips are good stuff. They make them in OD as well, but I have only ever found them available in OD from Rock River. I wish they would make tan.

That 's right TAN MAN
Top Top