Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/18/2007 4:01:11 PM EST
Hey all,

I have been reading the forum for a few months now and finaly decided to jump in as a member.

I went to my FFL dealer and they ordered me a RRA pistol lower. now i get to wait the 120 days RRA says it will take to get to me. Do you all recomend geting a kit like the one that M1S sells or should I go the parts route. I am the type that if I go with parts I would like to go with a stripped upper and build the full pistol myself. I have built a few 1911's but this will be my first AR. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks for all the insperation to get a AR pistol.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 12:31:27 PM EST
If you have done all the reading you said you did, why did you buy a special lower labeled as a "pistol" when the only people saying you need a special pistol lower are the ones selling them, and doing so at a premium? Certainly the ATFE says you do not need a special pistol marked lower, only a virgin lower that has not been built into a rifle. So why the four month wait? Is there some state law you must comply with?
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 1:18:01 PM EST
curently all the RRA lowers are the same price and are all 120 days out. I know that there are lots of other lowers out there but i like the feel of the RRA rifles at the gun shop and the guys there have always done a good job for me. As for getting a lower marked pistol i guess I belive better safe than sorry. I dont want to ever run into a problem. I will buy a regular lower when I want a rifle.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 3:13:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/19/2007 3:14:29 PM EST by Soviet]
Could have got a stripped lower shipped to your FFL by this weekend for under $130.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 3:13:58 PM EST
Welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 3:25:28 PM EST
WELCOME

Top Top