Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2002 6:30:51 PM EDT
I have been looking around for an AR15 or CAR15.
I found an Olympic Arms model PCR99 CAR15, 16" barrel, (possibly fake)flash suppressor, and a telescoping buttstock.
After checking the serial number I found this weapon was made in '99 so is definitely postban.
Can I legally buy the carbine as is and change the stock, or does the seller need to be informed and change it before a sale. Should I just pass on it completely?
I am not committed to buying this carbine. The price is about $600.00, which seems a little high.
Ideas?
Jim
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 8:47:10 PM EDT
[#1]
are you sure that is a collapsible stock or just a fake one. if it is a fake one U can legally purchase and own it. $600 sounds like a reasonable price.

Link Posted: 9/23/2002 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah make sure it is not a "fixed" telescopic stock.  If not I would pass on it unless the seller will replace the stock with a legal one.  Otherwise you will be buying an illegal gun.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 10:30:09 PM EDT
[#3]
If it is an illegal stock, make the seller change it BEFORE you puchase it.  Otherwise, you can be prosecuted for buying and purchasing an illegal firearm.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 11:48:08 PM EDT
[#4]
if the seller doesn't have a fixed stock to swap, you could just remove the stock prior to the sale, and install the stock of your choice at your convienience.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 8:53:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Threaten to turn him in to the "folding and tele-stock" police and tell him you'll give him $300 for it.

WARNING: This comment is facetious!

Facetious (fa se'shes)adj. 1. Not meant to be taken seriously or literally. 2. Humerous; amusing.

Edited for Fixer.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Threaten to turn him in to the "folding and tele-stock" police and tell him you'll give him $300 for it.

Yo Monkeyman, Sarah Brady called to thank you for your donation to HCI and remind you to vote DemocRATic!

would you people really drop a dime on someone because they didn't understand the BS regs?

that's PATHETIC!

WRITE real letters (not e-mail) to your representatives and tell them you expect them to let the AW ban die, and that how they vote on the issue affects how you vote.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Someone tell Fixer that his joke detector is defective.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#8]
The stock telescopes in and out. I worked it myself, it's not a fixed, fake stock.
I will tell him and try to negotiate a good price. Many seem to think $500.00 is reasonable.
Jim
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#10]
The guy runs a pawn shop, so I doubt he is cozy with leo types.
I will definately have him remove the stock if I decide to buy.
Thanks,
Jim
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top