User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/18/2006 8:21:06 PM EDT
http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=462537

A true testament to why you should own a Glock over any other pistol for combat purposes to compliment your AR rifle for combat duty. They drop it out of an airplane at 600', burry it in sand, shoot it with another pistol, drag it behind a car, submerge it in saltwater for a week, run 15K rounds through non-stop, they have videos of the torture.

They did try just the sand test with the USP and the USP died.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#1]
wasn't that our very own bigbore??
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:32:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Makes me proud to carry a Glock.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Let's see a 1911 do THAT!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Makes me proud to carry a Glock.  hr

Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow...that's impressive but what could make a person do ALL THAT to a $400+ gun is beyond me...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Wow...that's impressive but what could make a person do ALL THAT to a $400+ gun is beyond me...

I think it's safe to say he got his money's worth...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell yeah!

Yep - I own three of them  - a Glock 23, 29 and a 34
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:08:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#11]

That boy ain't right...

Has Chuck K. seen this Steve?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#12]
IBTL  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Why not?  It still shoots doesn't it  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#14]
That torture test was sweet, and I thank bigbore for doing it.  It was very informative.

But...

It's funny to me that people get all excited about the glock taking that type of abuse, but swear by the AR.

Don't get me wrong, I own ARs as well as a Glock and they're fine weapons.  But I'd rather my long gun be able to take that type of punishment than my sidearm.

ETA: I don't really mean this as a slam to the AR.  I trust my life with one of my ARs.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#15]
IBTL

...and I like my XD, not Glocks.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Let's test the Glock in the oven.  I think the 1911 is destined to win that one.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Let's test the Glock in the oven.  I think the 1911 is destined to win that one.

Yes, in case one of us needs to use our sidearm in an oven.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or after a fire

Like any of us are gonna use it right after it gets dropped out of a fucking airplane.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:30:13 AM EDT
[#22]
they are both good guns

if you want a cheap, no-nonsense, beat-em pistol get a glock to go w/ its rifle counterpart, an AK

if you want an accurate, nice shooting, eroganamic, American-designed, quality made pistol, get a 1911 w/ its rifle counterpart, the AR

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:39:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I own both a Glock 21 and a Sig Sauer P226; both guns are excellent. I can shoot excellently with either one and with proper care, both will outlast me.

Two of my four boys. SIG Sauer P226 (9mm) and Glock 21C (45ACP)
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:13:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Being Glock is the ugliest firearm around behind the Highpoint people have a hard time admitting it’s the absolute best pistol proformance wise, 2nd to none on the battle field IMO
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:17:24 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Being Glock is the ugliest firearm around behind the Highpoint people have a hard time admitting it’s the absolute best pistol proformance wise, 2nd to none on the battle field IMO

I just started to carry a Glock 17 at work and love it.  Great weapon to shoot, draws and points really fast, I am an 1911 fan so I have to man handle the Glock more, so I don't limp wrist it as much.  In fact, I am heading out today to look at getting a 21!  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:26:26 AM EDT
[#26]
SIG for me baby!

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:44:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Already have the perfect sidearm for my AR.   It's 110% reliable and accurate to boot.  

( the 1911, not the P22)
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:22:16 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Already have the perfect sidearm for my AR.   It's 110% reliable and accurate to boot.  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/mr45auto/alcan.jpg

( the 1911, not the P22)

What? Your Walther P22?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:36:10 AM EDT
[#29]
The test results are impressive for sure.  BUT I wouldnt plan on buying a G21 and trusing it as is  based on these tests alone without properly testing for reliability myself.  That would be foolish.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:38:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Wow Glocks torture test results sure are outstanding...now if they fixed the atrocious grip angle and the trigger that feels like snapping a soggy toothpick...then they might be on to something. Flame away
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:55:09 AM EDT
[#31]
I like my Grock.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:00:24 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Wow Glocks torture test results sure are outstanding...now if they fixed the atrocious grip angle and the trigger that feels like snapping a soggy toothpick...then they might be on to something. Flame away

and maybe work on that pesky KB issue ........

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:25:11 AM EDT
[#33]
"Let's see a 1911 do THAT"

Already did, in WWI, WWII, Korea, Viet Nam and in every other shithole in the world in between.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:01:23 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Already did, in WWI, WWII, Korea, Viet Nam and in every other shithole in the world in between.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:09:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
SIG for me baby!

www.hunt101.com/img/377149.jpg

+1 I will keep my sig also

I cant remember who started the test thing but Im sure most combat pistolas pass even the worst of test.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:25:08 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ouch, I just stepped on my daily carry rig which I left on the floor next to my bed.

www.adcofirearms.com/junkpics/carry_rig.jpg

A Glock is a Glock, and a 1911 is a 1911, but to think both of them could go through the same abuse/neglect, and still function 100%, with under $25 in replacement parts/tuning is silly.

Firearms are tools, I practice equally with both, and can use one just as well as the other.  Both have their applications, and I use whichever I feel is better suited for the task at hand.  

Again IBTL

I suppose the most imortant question is "where does one aquire such a snazzy pair of pants that compliments that rig so nicely?"
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:29:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Jeff Cooper says, in his most recent "Commentaries": "The continued sales triumph of the Glock pistols demonstrates the virtues of skillful marketing. The Glock pistol is okay. It is generally reliable, it is comparatively inexpensive, and it is available in respectable calibers. Above all, its after-market service is superior ... It may not be the best choice for the private pistolero, but such people are not in the majority."

Yeah, that's what it says.

You can argue the point, but you can't discredit the source.

And if you argue the point, you've got to come up with a lot better than "I'm a good shooter and I like the Glock just fine." Because, well, we've all seen plenty of "good shooters" haven't we? They are the average shooter that Col. Cooper is talking about.

I'm not saying the point can't be argued, I'm just saying if you are going to argue, then back it up with something worth saying. Posturing and attitude don't cut it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:55:59 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Jeff Cooper says, in his most recent "Commentaries": "The continued sales triumph of the Glock pistols demonstrates the virtues of skillful marketing. The Glock pistol is okay. It is generally reliable, it is comparatively inexpensive, and it is available in respectable calibers. Above all, its after-market service is superior ... It may not be the best choice for the private pistolero, but such people are not in the majority."

Yeah, that's what it says.

You can argue the point, but you can't discredit the source.

And if you argue the point, you've got to come up with a lot better than "I'm a good shooter and I like the Glock just fine." Because, well, we've all seen plenty of "good shooters" haven't we? They are the average shooter that Col. Cooper is talking about.

I'm not saying the point can't be argued, I'm just saying if you are going to argue, then back it up with something worth saying. Posturing and attitude don't cut it.

Where's that bunny pic when you need it?    
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:49:06 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or after a fire

Like any of us are gonna use it right after it gets dropped out of a fucking airplane.

Read the Glock annual. It was done.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:00:41 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

+1

The airplane drop test is about the only one of interest to me, since that is one scenario where I wouldn't mind the Glock. Were one to accidentaly be dropped out of an enemy aircraft, I could use it quite effectively against said aircraft, since the Glock points like an AA gun in my hand.

Glocks work - unfortunately, Glocks don't work for me. (Major bummer considering the way I lust after a G20).
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:02:26 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Ouch, I just stepped on my daily carry rig which I left on the floor next to my bed.

www.adcofirearms.com/junkpics/carry_rig.jpg

A Glock is a Glock, and a 1911 is a 1911, but to think both of them could go through the same abuse/neglect, and still function 100%, with under $25 in replacement parts/tuning is silly.

Firearms are tools, I practice equally with both, and can use one just as well as the other.  Both have their applications, and I use whichever I feel is better suited for the task at hand.  

Again IBTL

thats my thoughts exactly, i love my glocks but my daily carry is a 1911 and i wouldn't trade it for anything
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Best thing about the Glock is its Marketing Department.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Ask LAPD how they like their Glocks...  The ones they are not allowed to carry anymore because they went click instead of bang.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or after a fire

Don't you have some homework to do Jr?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Oh Pleasssseeeeee... not another 1911 vs Glock thread.......

Your all smarter then that I would think....

Save that for the 16 year old air-soft forums....

It ranks right up their with having the Calvin sticker on the back of your truck with him pissing on either the Chevy or Ford Symbol... shows your age.....
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#47]
I bet your XD would rust just at the sight of salt Wizzo...besides, the sights are too high.

All joking aside, the XD is a good pistol, just not the one for me; I've also been spoiled by Tenifer, and the XD finish just doesn't cut it.

How is the plane/impact test not relevant for a combat pistol, CJ?  Anyone who's jumped knows that it can be rough (though I hope a pistol would be able to withstand the normal impact of the jump).  Additionally, anyone who's jumped knows that problems can easily occur-what if your gear gets disconnected?  I've had a worse malfunction than that.

1911-love it, always will.
Sig-classy, good...I only keep it for nostalgia, however.
Glock-works best for ME.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#48]
I'd love to see this happen with an XD.  I would think, other than the rust issues, it would do just as well.  While it might come out covered in rust, I don't see why it wouldn't function fine, just be ugly as sin.  All in all its quite similar...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:44:58 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or after a fire

Don't you have some homework to do Jr?

Get fucked. I had a Glock and have two 1911s. I shoot .45 by the ammo can. Who gives a fuck how old I am.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

There is nothing wrong with the Glock grip angle. Did you ever bother to look at the muscles from your thumb to your wrist. They are at a steep angle. If you relax your hand the muscle angle will remain steep, not pointed up. Grabbing the glock is a natural extenstion of the muscles in your hand and wrist wanting to point forward in a relaxed state, which results in the glock bore being almost inline with your wrist and arm, instead of your shoulder

And that NIB unaltered soggy trigger is notorious for humilating custom rigs costing thousands of dollars
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top