Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/5/2006 10:53:10 AM EDT
Getting rid of the big three (well that I know of) what would be your next choice for a tactical scope that is variable?

Burris Maybe?
Bushnell???

Reason I ask is I might (and that is a big might) get a .308 in the future and move my nightforce over from an AR15 to the .308.  Not being cheap but not spending as much as the nightforce, I would need to put something back on my 20" AR.  Any suggestions in the 3.5x12,13,14,15 range?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#1]
S&B
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
S&B

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Did I forget to mention CHEAPER!

I went to some random website and the police tact. was like over $2000.

Any models that are around $500-800?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
S&B

+87!

The Short Dot owns!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#5]
How about IOR?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Alright, since I was goofing around on the first reply I'll give a serious answer. Personally I would rather pick up a lower priced used scope from the "Big 3" than a new scope from a lesser brand for the same price. But if you have to go new outside the "Big 3" here are a few I would check out.

Nikon Tactical
Burris Fullfield Tactical
Super Sniper

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:01:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Kahles csx
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:32:42 PM EDT
[#8]
ziesa
trijicon
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Zeiss NO Question.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:43:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Zeiss NO Question.

Zeiss, tirjicon or the guys who make the Day Night Scope set up, its a night vision company, I looked thru there stuff at SHOT, great glass, they sell alot of units to the good guys so its not a bad choice either
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:35:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:43:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
trijicon

+1

Or else an EOTech. You did say an 5.56, right?

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:54:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I take it you have a 3.5-15 NXS on your 20" AR?

Why???
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:41:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Why not?  Actually I just got the nightforce and my 20" AR.  Damn black rifle disease.  This one needs a little more TLC and it will be finished and already looking for something in .308 like the DPMS SASS they are coming out with.  Maybe I will go with another nightforce but I don't want to spend as much money.

Anyway, getting back to the topic, Mike thanks for the Leupold PR scopes.  I didn't see those.  I was looking at the LR/T which are about 1K.

I was also checking out the burris fullfield tactical.

I have never heard of some of these other brands, thanks I will check them out.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:03:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Why not?  Actually I just got the nightforce and my 20" AR.  Damn black rifle disease.  This one needs a little more TLC and it will be finished and already looking for something in .308 like the DPMS SASS they are coming out with.  Maybe I will go with another nightforce but I don't want to spend as much money.

Anyway, getting back to the topic, Mike thanks for the Leupold PR scopes.  I didn't see those.  I was looking at the LR/T which are about 1K.

I was also checking out the burris fullfield tactical.

I have never heard of some of these other brands, thanks I will check them out.

You've never heard of Zeiss?

Well, you're doing yourself a disservice by not knowing about Zeiss.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:05:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Trijicon Accupoint TR21R or a TA31A, F, or RCO.

But the keyword there is TRIJICON
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Com'on give me a break.  Just getting back into the swing of things after taking a 10year AWB break.  I was 20 about to be 21 and then the ban hit.

If more people would talk about them or do write ups on them, I would know about them.  People go with "what they hear" good things about.  So if no one mentions them, we (the noobs like me) won't know about them.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:39:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Com'on give me a break.  Just getting back into the swing of things after taking a 10year AWB break.  I was 20 about to be 21 and then the ban hit.

If more people would talk about them or do write ups on them, I would know about them.  People go with "what they hear" good things about.  So if no one mentions them, we (the noobs like me) won't know about them.

carl zeiss inc has only been making optical glass for, what now, a hundred and sixty years?

www.zeiss.com/
www.zeiss.com/us/co/sports/home2.nsf

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:43:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I guess it depends on what you read. If you only go by what you see on ARFCOM you're SERIOUSLY limiting yourself as people on here tend to be a little like "tactical gucci" wearers. If the boys in the sandbox don't use it, or if it isn't named "Tactical _____" or have velcro on it, no one is interested.

I didn't mean any disrespect, but you should seriously look into Zeiss.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#21]
IOR baby
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Zeiss is great, agreed, also, I have looked through several Nikons, and while I have yet to buy one, if I had them as the last choice between others like leupold, I might give em a shot, glass is very good for the money IMHO
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:49:33 AM EDT
[#23]
I will look at Zeiss
This is what I currently have:

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:47:45 AM EDT
[#24]
S&B
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top