Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/16/2012 9:38:40 AM EDT
what would you get?  I am looking for recommendations on something that has at least minor quality that will add the "cool" effect while maintaining my budget.  This is my first build (20' Del-Ton) and I cannot afford to invest more into this "hobby" until I know how much it can put out.

yes, i realize i had the < the wrong way, so i changed it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:40:43 AM EDT
[#1]
use iron sights until you are proficient with the AR.  Put the $100 away until you have $300-$400 and then go to Eand E and get a used Eotec.  You will keep that set up for a long time.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:47:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I appreciate the advice.  The only problem I have with Iron sights is the reaction time lost with having to line up 3 points instead of 2.  That is why I tried to budget in 100 (or less) for at least some cheap system.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:59:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Around $100 isn't going to get you much in the realm of scopes or red dots.  You could squeeze a decent front and rear BUIS out of that if you shop around.  There is no decent scope/mount/rings combination for that much that is going to be that great on an AR w/o worrying about it holding zero.  As for weapon mountable NV, you will need MUCH MUCH MUCH more than that.  Getting used to irons is the best way before progressing any further.  Spending around $100 for any sort of optics would be a waste of money IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Use the money on ammo and practice more

Title says. You have more than a houndred
>= greater than
So you have more than or less than 100

Honesly there is nothing out there that good for less

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 10:03:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I'm no fool, so if the second opinion agrees with the first, I guess I'll just have to budget a little more then!
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 10:11:12 AM EDT
[#7]
That might just be perfect, I appreciate it!
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The Primary Arms red dot is about the only optic for around $100 that's worth spending money on.  It will let you see if you like red dots before investing in something like an Aimpoint, it's reliable enough for range use, and the seller has excellent customer service and is very up front about what he sells.  Forget getting anything with magnification or especially nightvision for that kind of money; it will be junk.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Primary Arms red dot is about the only optic for around $100 that's worth spending money on.  It will let you see if you like red dots before investing in something like an Aimpoint, it's reliable enough for range use, and the seller has excellent customer service and is very up front about what he sells. Forget getting anything with magnification or especially nightvision for that kind of money; it will be junk.

This
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Primary Arms red dot is about the only optic for around $100 that's worth spending money on.  It will let you see if you like red dots before investing in something like an Aimpoint, it's reliable enough for range use, and the seller has excellent customer service and is very up front about what he sells.  Forget getting anything with magnification or especially nightvision for that kind of money; it will be junk.

+1

For a good optic with magnification add a 0 to the end of that number. And for top of the line NODs (like a intensifier/thermal hybrid) add two 0's.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top