Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2008 5:20:12 PM EDT
I'm guessing stripped lowers, 30 round mags, and 6 position stocks.

Can the rest of the gun be built or would a ban cover more parts, if so which ones?
Not to familiar with what the last ban covered.
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if just the lowers would be fully 'protected', but mags and ammo are the easiest targets.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't forget about slings.  I think the man would ban most single point singles to start with, 2 through 8 point slings to follow.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Given the current hate for gun importers and dealers on the part of the BATFE I would look for a complete ban on AWs if it happens again. They will be like machineguns after 1986 except that they may ask that "grandfathered" firearms be converted to comply with former restrictions. hNo Bayonet Mounts.
Removal of Pistol Grip.

Anyone from Kalifornia want to chime in?

I think you get the idea.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#4]
ok dumb question but does that mean buy a flash hinder now? or will they just have to be permanently attached?
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Depends on how the ban is worded.  The parts themselves could be made illegal to posses or transfer.  Buy what you need to keep your Black rifles running for years to come.  You should develop a spare parts kit now.  Fortunately the rifles designed for the military are rugged and the parts don't break very often.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#6]
i hear ya. I'm just trying to get my second rifle underway but don't have the complete funds to finish it right at the moment.

What did the last ban cover, I know mags, and lugs were on it
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Already got two stripped lowers and about to make a BIG hi-cap magazine order.  I figure some good spare parts to pick up are Collapsible stocks and Flash hiders/muzzle breaks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#8]
in another ban, the most prolific will be magazine capacity restrictions for both rifle and handguns, followed by ammunition limitations/restrictions and finally individual parts like folding stock, grips, fh etc.

at the gun show this weekend, i plan on buying seveal hundred dollars worth of glock 9mm high cap mags, double stack 45 mags, rifle mags and drums, and lastly, barrels with threaded muzzles and bayo lugs.  i say the barrels becuase if they make it so u cant get it threaded, then the only way to get one is to have a barrel already with threads.

lets see what else......  of course out right indiviudally banned guns like the uzi, mac, AK, AR will increase in price because of lack of availablity.  

i think good investments will be AK kits with folding stocks, threaded barrels and bayo lugs bc since its not a gun (no reciever) they may be more liquid (easier to sell, meaning higher demand, meaning higher price) than trying to sell an outright firearm under the new ban.  so since that would be the case, that would make full AK kits (minus reciever), if they had the good stuff, very valuable and desireable.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#9]
In general the last ban covered the evil pistol grip,bayo lug,flash hider and detachable box magazine in it's descriptions of bad rifles.  There may have been a few more points as well.  Then some laws named specific brands and any "copies' of those brands of rifles.  Bottom line is get the lowers,barrels and collapsable stocks now if you must prioritize.  And the mags you want.  Then don't forget the spare parts.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 8:44:36 PM EDT
[#10]
fire control groups firing pins, small parts like extractor etc.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 9:20:41 PM EDT
[#11]
All parts between stock and flashidder.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top