Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/13/2004 7:16:56 AM EDT
I've been tracking this site for some time now, and it never ceases to amaze me at the rivalry that exists between AR enthusiasts. It was only after a recent Colt bashing thread that I decided to register and add my two cents. Unfortunately, I did not realize that registering was not an instant
process and the topic has faded and it is not my intent to re-open a wound, but lets be reasonable, differences of opinion are what make our US of A so great. What kind of country would this be if we all drove the same kind of car, lived in the same type of house and wore the same clothes?
Since the AWB expired I have coverted my Colt mt6400c from a post-ban plinker into a battle ready home defense system, and I enjoy it just fine . In the future I will probably own other brands, but I'm o.k. for now, sure Colt may not have the best customer service to civilians but in a free country they can market to who ever they desire. To sum this up, let me just say that ... In this great country of ours it is our right to own an AR, but it is a priviledge to own a Colt AR!

Bad people MUST be punished.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:24:03 AM EDT
[#1]
You are an Ass.
J/K

People here like to bash on others, In the end we all still hate like each other.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:30:03 AM EDT
[#2]
First, Welcome to AR15.COM.

Second, I don't think it's any more a privilege to own a Colt than any other firearm. I have nothing against Colt (really don't give a rat's ass about their marketing/distribution practices) but to say it is a privilege to own a Colt over a Bushmaster, Armalite or any other quality AR just shows you are just as biased as the people you just stated amazed you with their brand rivalry. Nothing wrong with that, mind you, but let's just be clear on that.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:30:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh, I forgot to mention: never take anything personally here!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:32:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey I could have trapped him, but I chose not to.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
To sum this up, let me just say that ... In this great country of ours it is our right to own an AR, but it is a priviledge to own a Colt AR!

this oughtta be good
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:00:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Second, I don't think it's any more a privilege to own a Colt than any other firearm. I have nothing against Colt (really don't give a rat's ass about their marketing/distribution practices) but to say it is a privilege to own a Colt over a Bushmaster, Armalite or any other quality AR just shows you are just as biased as the people you just stated amazed you with their brand rivalry. Nothing wrong with that, mind you, but let's just be clear on that.

+1 - It's a privilege to own any AR!
+1 - Never take anything here personally!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 - It's a privilege to own any AR!
+1 - Never take anything here personally!

It is not a privilege to own any AR!  It is a RIGHT.    Seriously
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:08:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hey I could have trapped him, but I chose not to.

That was big of you, it could have been bigame, but that would be illegal....
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:22:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow! You guys hit hard!! But nothing personal taken here, just having some fun.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Welcome aboard.  

Now that you've pointed it out it's obvious that your last sentence was meant to be sarcastic.  Good one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I know Roto, but I always like to make a grand entrance...kinda like kicking a trash can when I walk into someones office. I would not have subscribed if I did'nt respect all of everyones efforts with this site. You guys are great!

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#13]
The "I know Roto" was in response to Roto's advice to me in using symbols to show my sarcasism.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The "I know Roto" was in response to Roto's advice to me in using symbols to show my sarcasism.

Welcome, RagingRob.

In the future, if you want to reference someone's comments, just click the "Quote" box on the right and their comments will appear in your text box like I did with yours.

It makes it a little easier to tell what you are refering too.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Welcome aboard Fellow Colt Head...........there are a few of us around here
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#16]
One Colt AR - A GOOD START!  Buy (or build) more AR's...MadDog(760)

Welcome to ar15.com
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#17]

In the future, if you want to reference someone's comments, just click the "Quote" box on the right and their comments will appear in your text box like I did with yours.

Thanks, I'll do my best to catch on...But sometimes it takes me an hour and a half just to watch "60 Minutes".
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:06:45 AM EDT
[#18]
oops that did'nt work...see what I mean.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:09:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Poor, Ragin'!  I have the habit of posting and then editing...about 5 times in 4 minutes!  He read one of those 'tween posts.  I changed it after I realized I was being a d*ck for giving an obviously intelligent guy a lesson on how to use smilies.

I'm gonna sit in the corner now.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:16:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Poor, Ragin'!  I have the habit of posting and then editing...about 5 times in 4 minutes!  He read one of those 'tween posts. hanged

I'm gonna sit in the corner now. hr

You can come out of the corner Roto.  Never overestimate a guy with a sense of humor like mine.
Thanks anyway though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
oops that did'nt work...see what I mean.

What the heck.  I'm always willing to work with a willing learner.

Go to my latest comment and click the "Quote" box on my comment you want to quote.

It will then appear in your new text box and you can delete any part you want too.

No charge for the lesson.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
oops that did'nt work...see what I mean.hinking.gif

What the heck.  I'm always willing to work with a willing learner. hemy
comment you want to quote.

It will then appear in your new text box and you can delete any part you want too.

No charge for the lesson.hr

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#23]
guns are no different then cars, electronics or any other "guy toy" You're always going to have the proverbial mines bigger contest. Viper guys talk shit to Vette guys, Vette guys talk shit to Rustangs and so forth. I own both, I prefer the Bushmaster, just my opinion. The Colt holds the value better but that's only do to the fact that some guys are crazy enough to pay more for the pony.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

some guys are crazy enough to pay more for the pony.

crazy...a little...but satisfaction is sweet.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#26]
It is also a priviledge to be among such understanding and open minded people here on ARFCOM.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:39:47 PM EDT
[#27]
I dont consider it a priveledge to pay a premium for a name.  My Bushmaster will beat up your Colt any day of the week.. In fact I like Bushmaster so much I  bought 3, and I like Oly enough to own 1.

Dont own a Colt though..
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:41:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted by  gmtmaster:  ".............. My Bushmaster will beat up your Colt any day of the week."

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I dont consider it a priveledge to pay a premium for a name.  My Bushmaster will beat up your Colt any day of the week

Please define and elaborate on "beat up".
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#30]
hey..while Colt and Bushmaster might be the two companies most associated with AR-15 manufacture (to most people, not all), just remember..if Armalite didn't design it and sell it to Colt due to financial problems, we wouldn't HAVE our ARs!hug.gif

Proud to own an Armalite M15 A2...but I respect and still love all others!

Kevhug.gif
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:54:54 PM EDT
[#31]
The now Armalite is not the original armalite,in name only not company but I get the jistMy full size is an M15 just got rebarreled with a 1/7 govt profile A2 now its a proper CMP rifle.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:56:39 AM EDT
[#32]
If it don't say AR/15 on it then is it an AR/15?  I just bought a R6551 Colt sporter target!

So no I don't own an AR/15,but I got a Sporter that shoots real quick like!!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:51:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:46:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Ummmmm I have a Colt  and a Bushie and working on a 2nd Bushie and I love them all equally. When the rounds are going downrange  the  Name on the receiver is not too important.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:42:08 AM EDT
[#35]
RagingRob, let me add my Welcome.  As you can see, you need a thick skin and an flame suit here at times, but it is really a great Forum - lots of knowledge, if you can seperate wheat from chaff.  And a more helpful bunch you will never see!

And being a primary Colt partisan - note that I wear it on my sleeve just so no one will be taken unawares - glad to hear you got a "real" M4.  The only way to fly.

The fun part for us Colt guys is that the vituperation is mostly envy - or ignorance.  Either way, we aren't overly bothered by the unenlightened.  They'll figure it out, if they ever use their rifles hard enough.  The LE and .mil Professionals already know the score.  

So take no crap from anyone as a Colt owner - the differences are real and measurable.  Better metal, correct, fighting tolerances and properly made parts are hard to argue with.  Colt is a manufacturer, not just an assembler that buys their parts by the pound and has orangutans assembling them.  They control their entire manufacturing process because the US Military requires all the material checks, gauging and proofing.  The civilian buyer gets the benefit of having a gun made to a higher standard - in a factory that makes guns for war - not posturing.  You can rest assured that Colts are being fired "in anger" by our wonderful forces in the fight for a better world and giving a good account of themselves every day.  No company employing fallible human beings can ever be 100%, but Colt makes the best guns overall by a wide margin.  Mudslinging by those who haven't looked into the subject deeply can't change that.

So welcome aboard - and don't take ANY of this too personally, just have fun with it.

Warmly, Col. Colt

Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Trainer
Certified Glock, Colt and Remington LE Armorer

PS - It is YOUR Right - and a Privilege - to own a Colt!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
RagingRob, let me add my Welcome.  As you can see, you need a thick skin and an flame suit here at times, but it is really a great Forum - lots of knowledge, if you can seperate wheat from chaff.  And a more helpful bunch you will never see!

And being a primary Colt partisan - note that I wear it on my sleeve just so no one will be taken unawares - glad to hear you got a "real" M4.  The only way to fly.

The fun part for us Colt guys is that the vituperation is mostly envy - or ignorance.  Either way, we aren't overly bothered by the unenlightened.  They'll figure it out, if they ever use their rifles hard enough.  The LE and .mil Professionals already know the score.  

So take no crap from anyone as a Colt owner - the differences are real and measurable.  Better metal, correct, fighting tolerances and properly made parts are hard to argue with.  Colt is a manufacturer, not just an assembler that buys their parts by the pound and has orangutans assembling them.  They control their entire manufacturing process because the US Military requires all the material checks, gauging and proofing.  The civilian buyer gets the benefit of having a gun made to a higher standard - in a factory that makes guns for war - not posturing.  You can rest assured that Colts are being fired "in anger" by our wonderful forces in the fight for a better world and giving a good account of themselves every day.  No company employing fallible human beings can ever be 100%, but Colt makes the best guns overall by a wide margin.  Mudslinging by those who haven't looked into the subject deeply can't change that.

So welcome aboard - and don't take ANY of this too personally, just have fun with it.

Warmly, Col. Colt

Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Trainer
Certified Glock, Colt and Remington LE Armorer

PS - It is YOUR Right - and a Privilege - to own a Colt!

eloquent and poetic...I'm all choked up...Thanks
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
...So take no crap from anyone as a Colt owner - the differences are real and measurable.  Better metal, correct, fighting tolerances and properly made parts are hard to argue with.  Colt is a manufacturer, not just an assembler that buys their parts by the pound and has orangutans assembling them.  quote]

Your are correct, they are chimpanzees special trained by the lowest outsourced bidder to provide you - the American Fighting Soldier the cheapest rifle on contract based on specs from the 1960's.  Let’s see, I can pay top dollar for the cheapest bidder or shop around and find another mfg that can improve the specs...   Tough choice..   jk

how
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Your are correct, they are chimpanzees special trained by the lowest outsourced bidder to provide you - the American Fighting Soldier the cheapest rifle on contract based on specs from the 1960's.  Let’s see, I can pay top dollar for the cheapest bidder or shop around and find another mfg that can improve the specs...   Tough choice..   jk

how

Say what you will, it's just nice to hear that you are back to wearing mens clothing.
Sincerely, Colt Fan.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#39]
pigmypuncher,

Does your Mommy know what web sites you visit?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:31:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Let's not forget that the Sony Beta Max videocassette player performed better than the VHS units back when VCRs were a new thing.

Like Colt, They deviated from the standard (Colt with it's odd sized FCG pins)
Like Colt, They place a monetary premium on their technology (read: Overpriced).
Like Colt, Ownership was limited to a relatively small portion of the population, afficionados if you will.
Like Colt, It was harder to find parts and when you did, they were ungodly expensive.

Although Sony continued on, the Beta Max disappeared into the bottomless abyss that swallows failed products, good ones as well as bad, now to be seen only in museums and collectors closets.

The Colt AR15 Rifle will meet a similar fate if Colt management does not pull their heads out of their collective asses.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Let's not forget that the Sony Beta Max videocassette player performed better than the VHS units back when VCRs were a new thing.

Like Colt, They deviated from the standard (Colt with it's odd sized FCG pins)
Like Colt, They place a monetary premium on their technology (read: Overpriced).
Like Colt, Ownership was limited to a relatively small portion of the population, afficionados if you will.
Like Colt, It was harder to find parts and when you did, they were ungodly expensive.

Although Sony continued on, the Beta Max disappeared into the bottomless abyss that swallows failed products, good ones as well as bad, now to be seen only in museums and collectors closets.

The Colt AR15 Rifle will meet a similar fate if Colt management does not pull their heads out of their collective asses.

I know what you're saying, my neighbor was sold on Beta, now he's sold on McIntosh ...I understand your point and thank you for your obvious passion for the AR, but there is a couple of conflicts going on around our globe right now which Colt has contractual obligations to.... I'm sure of this fact, if we were in peace times right now, Colt would be catering to the general public in a BIG way.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#42]
welcome ragingbob, and I understand your comments

we all walk to a different beat

Colt is awesome, just like Bushmaster

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
welcome ragingbob, and I understand your comments

we all walk to a different beat

Colt is awesome, just like Bushmaster

Thanks redfisher, its just awesome to own an AR. I think that people lose the reality of our freedom here in the US. I've lived other places that did not have such freedom.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:58:27 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Say what you will, it's just nice to hear that you are back to wearing mens clothing.
Sincerely, Colt Fan.  hr

NS! ROFLMAO - the wife just gave them back to me since she's going out of town!  Unfortunately, I have to give them back when she returns hat_________________________________________________________________

Eagles may fly, but weasels don’t get sucked into jet engines!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:03:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Welcome, regardless of your choice of ARs you own, as long as you own them.

GM
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:05:32 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sincerely, Colt Fan.  

NS! ROFLMAO - the wife just gave them back to me since she's going out of town!  Unfortunately, I have to give them back when she returns ...

And no, that's not my prision wife...

You had a prison wife?...nevermind...let's not go there.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Iam with Col.Colt!!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Iam with Col.Colt!!!!

I am too, we salute you Col. Colt.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Colt sux, you can have all of them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Colt sux, you can have all of them.

Sorry die-tryin, I could not find "sux" in the dictionary...I did see a nice picture of you though, under the word "surly".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top