Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2010 5:27:43 PM EDT
Which front sight pin do I need to order to make everything compatable? What pin and where should I order from?

Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Try sighting in using your set-up before swapping out the front sight post. Sometimes things work out.

If not, the taller front sight post offered by Bushmaster can correct for the non "F" front sight housing and flat top upper combination.

The "F" marked sight housing is taller than standard by .040 inches, the taller front sight post makes up the difference when used on standard height bases.

Link Posted: 12/16/2010 5:52:03 PM EDT
[#2]
You don't need to change the non F marked front sight post, but instead you need to buy the "rifle / commercial" carry handle to go with your non-F FSB.  There are 2 types of carry handles:

1)  Mil-spec height carry handle for F marked FSB.
2)  Rifle/commercial carry handle for non F marked FSB.
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok that what I thought...but wasnt sure.

Im going to need one...bc mine is just a tad to short still. I can still make hits if I pretend my sight is about 1mm longer lol. which works, but I would rather have it just right.

Now next question:

The extended front sight post is for people who intend to use a rear BUIS right? but have a non F marked front sight.

So Im guessing i would still need to extended pin for the use of a removable carry handle right?
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The cheaper (commercial) carry handles are shorter in height to work with non-"F" marked front sight bases.
The less cheaper (milspec) carry handles are taller in height to work with the "F" marked sight bases.

So if you use the wrong combination, you get sight zero issues.

If your carry handle is milspec, the taller front post can get the non "F" front sight base zeroed.

Your description of shooting the rifle makes me believe you need the taller front post for that rear sight set-up. If you later switch to a folding BUS, stick with one made for milspec "F" sight front base and its all good. If you go get zero issues again, plug in the shorter front sight post to get it dialed in again.
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's something to help you see the difference between rifle/commercial versus mil-spec carry handle.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top