Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2005 1:25:03 PM EDT
I have an AR-15 in standard A2 configuration the lower is all Rock River but the upper I got at a gun show, it was labled as Rock River with Colt Barrel, I know the barrel is Colt because it says C MP 5.56 NATO 1/7, it is government profile in standard no ban configuration bayonet lug, and A2 Flash Suppressor, but I'm haveing trouble identifieing the front sights there marked with what appears to be a Diamond with a B with an underflined 5 next to it inside, has anyone seen this one before, also the front handgaurd retainer appears to be triangular is this normal?....  The barrel is undated....
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:28:31 PM EDT
[#1]
pictures?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Camera is put away right now, I could try getting some pictures tomorrow....
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:00:57 PM EDT
[#3]
bushy bbls can be marked like that too, so that by itself does not mean its a colt
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#4]
C MP is one of the markings Colt uses

B MP is a bushmaster marking.

FSB should have a "C" or a  "F" on it.

my m16a1 and m16a2 (uppers only) FSB are marked "C"
m16a1 barrel "chrome bore"
m16a2 barrel "C MP 1/7"

6721 FSB is marked "F"
6721 barrel "C MP 1/9" might HBAR as well.
there all in the safe and I am to lazy to look going from memory here.

from what I recall 20" barrels have the triangle while the 16" has the round handguard cap
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#5]
My Colt 6920 FSB is marked with a diamond and a 2 as well as the F marking on the opposite side.  My LMT FSB is marked with a diamond and a 2, but no F on the opposite side.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Havn't gotten the camera out yet but heres a quit MS Paint of what the mark on the FSB sorta looks like, it's hard to see, and I'm not 100% sure what is next to the B, but it looks most like this I think....

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#7]
yup, you're right, read it too fast....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top