Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/6/2006 5:53:19 AM EDT
Can anyone tell me which BUIS this guy is using, and what Aimpoint mount that is?  Sorry for the quality of the PIC.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:22:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Matech BUIS and standard Aimpoint mount.

I think that is standard Army stuff, but being a Jarhead, I don't know for sure.

Cheers, Otto
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:24:53 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a MATECH. They are USGI issue.

AIRBORNE!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:26:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup, matech BUIS issued to combat troops.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:34:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Correct. MATECH BUIS and an Aimpoint with Aimpoint Rail Grabber mount. And under that cammo paint, a black eye. Cause that Aimpoint is practically mounted on his butstock!

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:36:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Is it a Matech Aimpoint mount as well?

BTW, the guy is USAF.  Airborne qualified, but USAF (Combat Controller).

Thanks.

Scott

ETA: Disregard.  I found the Aimpoint Rail Grabber mount.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:39:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Correct. MATECH BUIS and an Aimpoint with Aimpoint Rail Grabber mount. And under that cammo paint, a black eye. Cause that Aimpoint is practically mounted on his butstock!

Unless that Aimpoint is going to jump back past the BUIS under the awesome recoil of the 5.56, I think he's safe from a black eye.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:48:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless that Aimpoint is going to jump back past the BUIS under the awesome recoil of the 5.56, I think he's safe from a black eye.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:49:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was sarcasm buddy.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:51:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Um...so was mine.  

(Going off to work on improving my sarcasm.)
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:57:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

WTF???
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:15:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF???

WTF what?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:49:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:24:47 AM EDT
[#13]
You're probably right.  The caption actually had him as part of a "battlefield weather team."
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You're probably right.  The caption actually had him as part of a "battlefield weather team."

We used to call them "Combat Weather" they were all jump qualified, and some were ranger tabbed.

The wearing of army unit patches on an air force uniform is new to me. Earned badges were okay when I was in, to include army qualification badges and tabs, but never unit patches.

Some of his gear is Tactical Taylor....

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Oh yea... it is a Matech BUIS and the Aimpoint rail grabber mount, with the spacer in place.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Quoted:

The wearing of army unit patches on an air force uniform is new to me. Earned badges were okay when I was in, to include army qualification badges and tabs, but never unit patches.

Have seen some JTACs wearing SF patch while attached.  Also have seen Ranger tabs.

Does appear to have a nice crisp crease in the sleeves

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#17]
USAF Chevrons with 82 ABN patches on both shoulders? Huh?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
USAF Chevrons with 82 ABN patches on both shoulders? Huh?

As stated we were allowed to wear tabs and qual badges.

The right sleeve is the "fighting sleeve." You wear your assigned unit insignia on the left sleeve. If you serve in combat you can wear the unit insignia you fought with on the right sleeve. So if you serve with the 82nd it goes on the left and if you fought with them it can go on the right too.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Makes more sense now. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#20]
A lot of Combat Controllers are WX qualified, but there are actual Combat Weather Ops troops; they are fully qualified forecasters that jump with CCTs and eat bugs with the best of them.

The TSgt in the picture does NOT have a black eye, he's just well shadowed and his camo paint is getting kind of thin; late in his day, probably.

Keep in mind, the Air Force is on the ground before most of the Airborne guys.  The airplanes need specific support to hit some DZs and to find others.  CCTs get there and then direct the aircraft in.  CCTs were both clearing and controlling the airport in Panama City BEFORE the 82nd guys stood in the door.  That's what they do.  Not all of us wear out chairs as part of our military duties!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:32:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The TSgt in the picture does NOT have a black eye, he's just well shadowed and his camo paint is getting kind of thin; late in his day, probably.

My god guys I was trying to be sarcastic about the black eye, making reference to the Sgt’s Aimpoint being mounted so far to the rear! I’ve put PLEANTY of camo on myself to be able to ID it!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:01:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My god guys I was trying to be sarcastic about the black eye, making reference to the Sgt’s Aimpoint being mounted so far to the rear! I’ve put PLEANTY of camo on myself to be able to ID it!

Not everyone reads the entire thread before posting  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top