Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/13/2007 9:46:42 AM EDT
What, if any, identification markings are there on the upper and lower parts? By this I mean is there a way to see that one upper goes with a particular lower? I would be referring to an original rifle, manufactured by a company, and not one that is self made.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:49:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:46:54 AM EDT
Yes I am basically familiar with being able to switch upper and lowers. But what I am interested in does the upper have a serial number that matches the lower on a new rifle? Say you have one lower and three uppers can you identify which upper came with the original gun? Like on a Glock the barrel, slide and receiver all have an identical serial number.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:49:20 AM EDT
The lower receiver is the only serialized part. That's why you need an FFL to buy one.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:25:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:35:23 AM EDT
Thanks for all the useful information. I know you could not tell that I am new to the AR, but I am learning.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:28:46 AM EDT
some manfs tag thier uppers and bbl; all lowers should be tagged w/ manf as its considered the firearm

lots of used ARs can be mixed and matched
Top Top