Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/19/2005 7:41:11 AM EDT
I am almost done with my first build--a 5.4 lb. carbine built around a Bushmaster Superlight barrel, Cav. Arms Mk. II lower and Clark Custom Guns carbon fiber free float tube.  I don't think I'll be able to resist the temptation to build another one (or more).

Give me some ideas for my next build.  Here's what I'm thinking about:

1.  M16A1 style AR--I have a Fulton Armory A1-style AR, but it uses a C7 upper and the newer delta ring.  It might be fun to build something more authentic, perhaps using one of the CDNN uppers (although that wouldn't leave much to "build").  I could sell my Fulton to my brother-in-law.

2.  M16A2 style

3.  M4

4.  Target/Varmint--I've got the A1 style AR and the lightweight carbine.  It might be fun to have something with a free floated heavy 20" to 24" barrel, good scope and bipod.

5.  7.62x39--I'd do one of these next, but mags seem expensive and hard to find.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:01:16 AM EDT
[#1]
all #1,2 and 3 since I'm not a fan of Varmint rifles and 7.62x39 ARs
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I think I'll assemble a telestock lower on a Stag/CMT receiver next.  I don't have one yet.  I can use it with my superlight, V22 and A1 style uppers until I get around to building an M4 upper.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top