Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2006 9:15:05 AM EDT
Well, after some delays, I think I'm finally going to be able to build my first AR. I want to build the lower myself, so this weekend at the Kenny Woods show I'm going to start looking for parts. What I don't find there I'm sure I can order and wait for the National Gun Day show at the end of February. This is what I want to use:

Double Star/Stag Arms/RRA stripped lower
Standard LPK
6-Position stock
16" flat-top upper
Phantom 5C2 flash hider
Four rail gas block
YHM flip up front and rear sights
Tangodown grip
M4 handguard

I guess I'll use a standard 16" barrel instead of an M4, seeing as how I'll never need the grenade launcher. The gun will only be used for fun at the range, so I was wondering if I really need a chrome lined barrel. I'll probably try to find a good(complete) used upper, so I'll start watching the EE section. Does this sound like a good build? Any suggestions or advice?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Well, after some delays, I think I'm finally going to be able to build my first AR. I want to build the lower myself, so this weekend at the Kenny Woods show I'm going to start looking for parts. What I don't find there I'm sure I can order and wait for the National Gun Day show at the end of February. This is what I want to use:

Double Star/Stag Arms/RRA stripped lower
Standard LPK look for dpms lpk alot of people use them.
6-Position stock
16" flat-top upper
Phantom 5C2 flash hider very good choice.
Four rail gas block
YHM flip up front and rear sights
Tangodown grip
M4 handguard

I guess I'll use a standard 16" barrel instead of an M4, seeing as how I'll never need the grenade launcher. The gun will only be used for fun at the range, so I was wondering if I really need a chrome lined barrel. I'll probably try to find a good(complete) used upper, so I'll start watching the EE section. Does this sound like a good build? Any suggestions or advice?

might i suggest the magpul miad grip that way you can change the grip to the size of your hand.

are you looking for just a basic 6 pos stock or something like the vltor or maybe magpuls ctr stock which should be comming out soon it is supposed to be i think i heard some where between 95 to 120 range.

other than that looks good.

look about half way down to see the stock.
look here to see the CTR stock

look here to see the MAGPUL MIAD grip
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top