Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2003 3:02:31 PM EDT
First off, thanks for looking

I have two preban Colt Sporter HBARs and would like to buy a Colt M4 Carbine. Money is a little tight at the moment so I'm requesting advice on how to proceed. The way I see it I have a few options:

a) Trade one of my prebans and buy a postban M4

b) Keep both HBARs and save up for an M4 upper and telestock to convert one of the existing prebans.

c) If I choose option "b" I can keep saving and buy a lower down the road after I buy the upper.

How much money am I looking at for option "b" or "c"? I like the Colt brand since it has served me well but would be willing to switch to a different brand if someone could advise me on a good quality alternative.

Thanks in advance!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
If I'm not mistaken you only have one option right now.  You have to use one of the preban lowers in order to utilize an adjustable stock, FS, and BL.  If you go post you won't be able to reproduce an M4 clone.  Don't join the ridiculous fixed telestock crowd.

[peep]
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If I'm not mistaken you only have one option right now.  You have to use one of the preban lowers in order to utilize an adjustable stock, FS, and BL.  If you go post you won't be able to reproduce an M4 clone.  Don't join the ridiculous fixed telestock crowd.

[peep]
View Quote

What does everyone have against those?  They work as well as any other stock I have on a postban rifle.  Is is that they're not "authentic"?  I'm just curious, no flame intended...but these things seem to come in for a bit of ridicule from time to time.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll do [b]a)[/b] with you...[;)]
I've got a M4 with less than 200 rounds through it.
Contact me if you're interested...

Edited to add: [email protected]
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[peep]
View Quote

What does everyone have against those?  They work as well as any other stock I have on a postban rifle.  Is is that they're not "authentic"?  I'm just curious, no flame intended...but these things seem to come in for a bit of ridicule from time to time.  
View Quote

Let me try to explain this to you in a mature and intellegent fashion.

"I gotta a pre-ban, Nah,nah hah, naaaaah, nah!"

bout sums it up.

Your turn will come if the ban sunsets.  

"I gotta a $800 folding stock M4, Nah, nah nah, naaaaah, nah!"

It's an elitest thing you only see on the web, uh and in school grounds. A dead bad guy or punctured target won't know the difference.

Tj
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Fixed tele-stocks, and H2s. I can't have the real thing, but I can pretend.
I don't begrudge anyone a fixed telestock. It's your rifle, and you need to do what you need to do. And that's important.
But, ask me my opinion., useless as t-ts on a boar hog. Any telestock is a compromise. It's not as good as a fixed, it is used because you can instantly adjust the length. You make a tradeoff to gain that, it's not as durable, and you lose the trapdoor.

For the original question, C definately. The M4rgery will keep you in the poorhouse until the ban expires, then you can pick up a stripped lower.

Link Posted: 8/24/2003 9:06:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the fixed telestock is ok - I also think an ace stock is more comfortable.
[img]http://www.fototime.com/C51819B1E0AE20E/standard.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I just purchased a DPMS lower with the Ace LE skelton stock, looks the same as  above, but shorter(about the length of a fixed telestock)...
I personally do not like the fixed telestock - it's an oxymoron (fixed-tele???), if it doesn't telescope then what's the point...
It will be mated to a Bushmaster M4 14.5in A3 upper with an AK brake, and an EOTech 522 optic...
My CQB rifle...

Got both halves from CMMG - if you opt for option B, then call John & Jeff @ CMMG they will get you the perfect match for your pre-ban lowers...
Very friendly guys, and will work with you to get you just what you want...

[sniper2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 5:06:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I went with the same lower Cutter.  If you like short stocks I definately recommend it!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top