Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2010 6:34:05 AM EDT
I trying to decide between another LMT Defender w/ SOPMOD LMT 2 stage trigger and KAC IWS lower with SOPMOD KAC 2 stage.

ETA: New Lower will be for MRP CQB 10.5

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:47:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn I like your style.....yummy on both  SBR'd or not, those are clearly the two best completes in the game imho.  After getting my first IWS complete I realized that I will not own anything but those in the future and plan on selling a cpl. pony lowers slowly and replacing them w. the IWSs.  

I am going the kac route on my first upcoming SBR but I am a lefty so I am a lil biased towards the kac by nature.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:58:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Damn I like your style.....yummy on both  SBR'd or not, those are clearly the two best completes in the game imho.  After getting my first IWS complete I realized that I will not own anything but those in the future and plan on selling a cpl. pony lowers slowly and replacing them w. the IWSs.  

I am going the kac route on my first upcoming SBR but I am a lefty so I am a lil biased towards the kac by nature.

I really like the LMT but all the Ambi stuff on the KAC is nice.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:22:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Sweet boomstick  Whats the deal with the troy moved so far back?

IWS lowers/MRP tops....I could talk about that combo for years....and I wont own anything but that combo in .223/5/56 for the foreseeable future...just to spoiled now by them  When they form its honestly butter, how can you beat the most innovative upper and most innovative lower....I could not for sure.

eta...people can flame all they want....I love the "stoner rifle" roll mark and its only second to the china doll flicking a bird...which would be my holy grail lower.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:28:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd do the LMT, just because I wouldn't want to engrave my info on the knights. Stupid reason, sure, but you asked.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:45:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

IWS lowers/MRP tops....I could talk about that combo for years....and I wont own anything but that combo in .223/5/56 for the foreseeable future...just to spoiled now by them  When they form its honestly butter, how can you beat the most innovative upper and most innovative lower....I could not for sure.

eta...people can flame all they want....I love the "stoner rifle" roll mark and its only second to the china doll flicking a bird...which would be my holy grail lower.

lol its where my thumb goes and its really awkward putting my hand on the front sight, my pressure pad will eventually go there.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:12:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol its where my thumb goes and its really awkward putting my hand on the front sight, my pressure pad will eventually go there.
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz140/raizo_sekai/943fc14f.jpg

Ahhh....understood...I figured it was perhaps due to a weapon light application as I have seen others run their light mounts as far forward as possible and thus put the front behind the normal place for it....I also forget that doing that is not a biggie on a cqb or sbr type gun but I could not see that working on a more precision based weapon.  Thanks for the pic, cleared that question really well
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz140/raizo_sekai/943fc14f.jpg

Ahhh....understood...I figured it was perhaps due to a weapon light application as I have seen others run their light mounts as far forward as possible and thus put the front behind the normal place for it....I also forget that doing that is not a biggie on a cqb or sbr type gun but I could not see that working on a more precision based weapon.  Thanks for the pic, cleared that question really well

ya my light and pressure pad are on another weapon right now i eventually plan to move it over and place the pressure pad where my thumb goes. The rifle is a 12.5 noveske so its still used for cqb, i threw on the 1-4 so i was able to make longer shots. I had an Eotech on there but found that im just as fast at acquiring and transitioning from target to target.

just a note the mount/scope combo makes this little package pretty heavy...

When my MRP 10.5 comes I will put a Aimpoint T-1 on it and make it my primary door kicking gun.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:50:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz140/raizo_sekai/6eb447fe.jpg

Pretty sweet.

Can't say much for the Oriental Massage parlor couch though

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:01:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz140/raizo_sekai/6eb447fe.jpg

Pretty sweet.

Can't say much for the Oriental Massage parlor couch though

its the fiancée's!!! she also has like a million throw pillows on the bed...
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#10]
How many round on the 2 lowers?
Any issues?
I'd SBR the most reliable lower, 'cause you can't really un-SBR a lower.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd say the LMT but I can clearly see Trident's argument for the KAC as he is a lefty (I am with rifles as well).
That said, I still see the KAC as more of a lower for a precision build, the LMT for a SBR blaster.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:44:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How many round on the 2 lowers?
Any issues?
I'd SBR the most reliable lower, 'cause you can't really un-SBR a lower.

My current LMT is already SBRd i am going to get another Lower either KAC or LMT.
I have not had any major issues with the LMT defender.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I would keep in mind that although its not as easy to spot this between the 5.56 lmt/kac lowers....take a gander at a LMT MWS lower vs. a KAC SR 25emc lower.....if you find a diff. you found Waldo in my book
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'd say the LMT but I can clearly see Trident's argument for the KAC as he is a lefty (I am with rifles as well).
That said, I still see the KAC as more of a lower for a precision build, the LMT for a SBR blaster.

Yea the ambi controls are why I would go with the kac lower for round 2.

I have a defender 2000 lower with ambi safety, ergo grip, and sopmod stock. It has the standard trigger though. Added the kac ambi mag release and sbr'd it. Thing has an lmt 10.5 inch upper that is currently sitting at lmt for repair. Sucks as my halo suppressor just got approved....

Next ar-15 sbr is going to be a kac or larue lower with either a 12.5 bcm kino upper or a 12 inch larue upper.

Really OP either lower is a great choice. Both should serve you well.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top