Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/13/2006 6:36:55 PM EDT
*I posted this in the mag forum but I doubt it will get as much exposier as it will here.

AR15 .45 magazines more specifically. I have google searched a whole host of word combo's to locate them but to no avail. Can you guy's please point me in the right direction? Are there any type of existing SMG mags that could be modified to work with an AR15 .45 upper?

Thanks much
Larry. A
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:37:41 PM EDT
UZI's man
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:38:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ggllggll:
UZI's man

The only UZI .45 mag's I've seen are EXTREMELY expensive and low capacity at that...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:41:18 PM EDT
That's the nature of the beast.

IIRC a sten mag can be opened up to accommodate .45

Been a while since I've messed with an oly 45 upper. Assuming that is what your using.

I had a couple mags for one a while back.

They were 15?rd uzi's with a piece of square tubing welded on the back. Worked very well but pretty $$ as you already know.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:47:02 PM EDT
Since there is no standard '.45acp AR magazine', why not contact who made your upper and ask them what kind of magazine you should use?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:51:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/13/2006 6:52:52 PM EDT by Zapp]

Originally Posted By -M60_Gunner-:
*I posted this in the mag forum but I doubt it will get as much exposier as it will here.

AR15 .45 magazines more specifically. I have google searched a whole host of word combo's to locate them but to no avail. Can you guy's please point me in the right direction? Are there any type of existing SMG mags that could be modified to work with an AR15 .45 upper?

Thanks much
Larry. A

It depends on which lower receiver you have. Cav Arms lowers were made with a wider magwell so that you can fit a grease gun mag in there. It still takes an adapter for it, but it seems like a nice setup, and the GG mags are inexpensive, so is the Cav Arms lower. I think some companies were modifiying grease gun mags to make them fit a std. magwell. Other than that, I would suggest looking in the pistol caliber forum.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:03:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Forest:
Since there is no standard '.45acp AR magazine', why not contact who made your upper and ask them what kind of magazine you should use?

RRA makes the upper I believe Your right it is Oly which makes it. I haven't bought it yet and I won't until I can get the mag issue sorted out. I'll give them a call tommorow.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:12:07 PM EDT
get the CAV arms lower, and a HAhn GG adapter.

tons of 30 round grease gun mags. and they are totally awesome.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:25:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By -M60_Gunner-:

Originally Posted By Forest:

RRA makes the upper I believe Your right it is Oly which makes it. I haven't bought it yet and I won't until I can get the mag issue sorted out. I'll give them a call tommorow.

Expect to pay 40, conservative, to 60, high end, for mags. That is unless you go with the other lower
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:48:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NAM:
get the CAV arms lower, and a HAhn GG adapter.

tons of 30 round grease gun mags. and they are totally awesome.

I just checked out Cav's site, not pricey at all. Thanks for the info NAM!
Top Top