Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 5/6/2003 11:21:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/7/2003 10:19:49 AM EDT by 45calmike]
Can anyone please post photos on how to mount this sling on your person? This may sound like a dumb question, but I've tried variations and they all don't "feel" correct.

Thanks

BTW: Jeff at CQB Solutions is great, product shipped and delivered on time and nice guy on the phone, too. Oh! and the quality is great, now I just have to learn how to use it.

Edit to add:

Forget it, I called CQB and the first loop is supposed to go under your armpit sort of like a cross draw shoulder holster and the other loop is supposed to go on your shoulder of your shooting arm.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:36:13 PM EDT
Glad to see you didn't asphyxiate yourself before you got help [;)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:28:28 AM EDT
I know, we had a good laugh on the phone and he (Jeff) even threw in this statement: "If you need anymore help, just call me back." Geez, I'm such a newbie.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:37:45 PM EDT
Mike, thanks for having some humor about yourself and sharing that with us. Good thing we didn't read about you in the paper: [b]Grown Man Choked to Death by Nylon Webbing![/b] I'm new to ARs(bought one on 3MAY) and some of the slings look intimidating. I may go with one from CQB Solutions.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:11:40 AM EDT
I may have spoken too soon. I tried that method and it just doesnt fit. Am I too big for the sling? I'm 6'1 255 lbs. So I just adjusted to one loop, and put it on where the AR is crossed across my chest and the sling "end" or top of loop is at my shooting side shoulder and the "bottom" loop is underneath my left armpit, crossing my chest right by my strernum. I suppose it can be high speed transition since the rifle naturally drops to my left clearing space to draw from my holster placed on my right side. That seems to work best. I'll try variations in the morning infront of the mirror...bwuahahhaha!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:25:52 AM EDT
Dude you are totally confusing me as to what you are doing. I have 3 point slings from CQB Solutions and The Wilderness, and they are both comfortable and drop the weapon almost straight down when adjust properly.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:28:36 AM EDT
mike, have you followed the directions on CQB Solutions website? They have pictures to go with each step along the way
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:50:04 AM EDT
I checked the website and didn't find any instructions specifically for the single point HST sling. Each picture has the slings with two mounting points.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:07:40 AM EDT
Guess I didnt read that right the 1st time. I took these pictures from the Wilderness since the CQB HST and the Giles Single Point are exactly the same style. Hope it helps [img]http://www.thewilderness.com/Media/singlepoint_cuqd.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.thewilderness.com/Media/spoint_giles1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:59:07 AM EDT
THANK YOU, Lumpy! The way the picture looks is how I finally had it figured it out. See, I tend to think too much and overcomplicate things, when will I ever learn?!?! BTW, your icon pic, Taxi Driver, that's one of my favorite movies.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:59:39 AM EDT
Glad you got it sorted out. Deniro is just cool. [:D]
Top Top