Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 7:22:19 PM EDT
I followed the instructions at hunt101 to no avail! What's a guy got to do to get his rifle immortalized on arfcom!!! Somebody please help a fella out... I want to get in the game man!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure the photo is a .jpeg or .gif file not some hugh adobe photoshop file,  I think there is a size limit...
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:31:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got just a regular jpeg image taken with my old school 1.3 megapixel camera
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#3]
try www.villagephotos.com

set up a free account...make sure you save your pic as a .jpg, and you know where to find it on your hard drive.

after you've set up your account, upload the pic...(click on "upload pictures")...then in the little dialog box, point it to the pic on your hard drive  (don't use their little utility, it never works).  You might have to create an album, I'm not sure, it's been a while since I started my account.  

once you've got the pic uploaded, you can share it.  If you're using Explorer, all you have to do is click right below your pic once it's up on villagephots...there's a button that says "copy url to clipboard"...do that.  

On arfcom, make a post as usual...in that post, to insert your pic, you need to type img]paste the link here[/img

right click after the [img and paste the link, then right after that, you type the /img]
you need to complete the [ and ], I can't do it here without it trying to insert a photo.

if you do it right, you'll have a pic there:

If you use netscape, it's a little different.  let me know.  BTW, that's Finn the Mouse Muncher there in the pic there...he's the scourge of vermin everywhere lol.  When he's not sleeping, that is.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Gunzer, check your post on Picture Thread.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Gunzer, check your post on Picture Thread.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:26:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Its a real simple fix, all you did was copy the wrong link at hunt 101. You copied The Image Link,

you need to scroll down some more and copy whats under Image Code, it will even say copy this

link to post picture in fourms.... Hope this helps..

http://www.hunt101.com/img/153055.JPG
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I followed the instructions at hunt101 to no availhat... I want to get in the game man!hy.gif

Since you're already in Hunt101, try following these instructions. Good luck

1)  How do I upload pictures?
Top right of the site there is a link called "upload". Click "upload" then look for "Photo to upload:" then click "Browse". Go to the file you stored your pictures. Then open the file and click the picture you want to use.  
2)  How do I put my photo in a categories?
After you load a picture look for [Move photo to:]. This is located at the bottom of the page. Click the down arrow key in the box.  
3)  How do I post my picture in a forum?
Under your picture there is a section called "Image Link:". Right of this you will see http://www.hunt101.com/img/129261.jpg. (example only). Cut and paste this code to your image link location on your favorite forum.  

SAMPLE: These are my toys...
http://www.hunt101.com/img/153715.JPG
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top