Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2003 10:57:23 PM EDT
OK, I have my 2001 LEGP with RRA fixed collapsible stock - it has to go.

I would like to put my recently purchased Fulton Armory adjustable stock on it.

What spanner tool should I buy to remove the current stock? Also, it seesmt o be a full length tube and buffer assembly - am I right in that assumption? If so, where is a good place to buy both? Will the Bushmaster tube fit?

Finally, how important is torque in installation of the tube? I noticed the one spanner tool with a built in handle makes no provision for a torque wrench.

Is there any other parts / tools I will need replace / buy?

Adam
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Im nat familiar with Fultons stock... can you provide a link?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow - you this is more complicated than I thought. I was just wondering if I needed to worry about breaker bars and torque wrenches - now it seems there are two types of spanners!

The stock in question is the same size as the RRA "entry" stock, and thus uses carbine length guts - which it did not come with.

Here is a picture of it on a rifle - from the Fulton Armory website:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=11635[/img]

The stock seems to be the only true adjustability option for a post-ban. Frankly I'm surprised they aren't more popular. I can only guess that people fear it may be ruled, "collapsible." Fulton sells it with their post-bans, though, so I won't lose any sleep over it myself.

I will take pics of my rifle later - but it will likely be at least a day or so. Anybody out there with a 2001 LEGP know which spanner I will need?

Adam
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top