Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2008 5:28:44 PM EDT
I've had a OKO on one of my carbines for 5 years and it's my favorite red dot type optic. The open style is as fast as the Eotech, but with the window mounted on the front of the body, it's even more natural, IMO. It's got a 4 MOA dot like an Aimpoint and is just as clear and bright as a Comp M2. The OKO is also very, very light. The body is polymer, but I use one of the factory steel gaurds/mounts (not unlike the Eotech) and it still weighs less than 5 oz.

This thing has been through two carbine classes, over 12,000 rounds, lots of bangs, bumps and tosses and has never lost zero. The battery life is good as well with over 1500 from a cheap, common coin style battery.

Now I am in need of another dot optic and the OKO has spoiled me. I don't have much desire to spend $500 on an Aimpoint or Eotech that I don't like as much. It's really a shame that the OKO is no longer imported.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:46:36 PM EDT
Yeah, I wanted to try one for years, but never did.  I wanted to put one on my Krebs and couldn't find any.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:53:51 PM EDT

Quoted:
I've had a OKO on one of my carbines for 5 years and it's my favorite red dot type optic. The open style is as fast as the Eotech, but with the window mounted on the front of the body, it's even more natural, IMO. It's got a 4 MOA dot like an Aimpoint and is just as clear and bright as a Comp M2. The OKO is also very, very light. The body is polymer, but I use one of the factory steel gaurds/mounts (not unlike the Eotech) and it still weighs less than 5 oz.

This thing has been through two carbine classes, over 12,000 rounds, lots of bangs, bumps and tosses and has never lost zero. The battery life is good as well with over 1500 from a cheap, common coin style battery.

Now I am in need of another dot optic and the OKO has spoiled me. I don't have much desire to spend $500 on an Aimpoint or Eotech that I don't like as much. It's really a shame that the OKO is no longer imported.

Not that interested in the OKO's, but I heard last spring that STI was importing them.

Did that deal go south?

I see IPSC websites around the world still have them for sale.

Hummmm..
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:20:39 AM EDT
I bought one a while back because it was cheap.  I figured I would use it has a fill gap optic until I could get something nicer.  But, I ended up really liking the sight.  It is lightweight and the dot is bright enough even in the bright AZ sunlight.  With the metal cage, it is pretty tough and it has a very simple built in back up sighting system.  

I currently have it on a lightweight build and it really good in that role.  As a plinker/shooter, I don't really need military grade reflex sights.  So on my lightweight build I am running it without the metal cage.    

Keep an eye out for these on the EE.  I have noticed that they pop up time to time in groups.  The one item that is hard to find is the metal cage w/ the quick detach feature that doubles as a sight riser.  Cavalry Arms imported them years ago, but I haven't seen another source for them since.  Brownells has the standard cage, but the riser version is tougher to find.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:57:24 AM EDT
Here is a couple I found surfing the net, I hope these are the same models that you are looking for.

OKO in HK

Florida Gun Works Cavarm OKO

Brownells STI OKO
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:12:27 AM EDT
Those links don't work for me.  This is interesting.  I thought they usually got poo poo'd on here.  How much do they go for usually?

Anyone have pics of theirs mounted?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:21:28 AM EDT
Quoted:
Here is a couple I found surfing the net, I hope these are the same models that you are looking for.

Supremeco is an IPSC site in Hong Kong

Brownell's dropped the OKO sight

Florida Gun Works website says it still has OKO's, but I would follow that up with a phone call before I make assumptions.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:32:48 AM EDT

Quoted:
Quoted:

www.supremeco.com.hk/catalog/images/oko_8w.jpg

Supremeco is an IPSC site in Hong Kong

Brownell's dropped the OKO sight

www.floridagunworks.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/1829.jpg

Florida Gun Works website says it still has OKO's, Is a steaming pile of dog crap rip off store but I would follow that up with a phone call before I make assumptions Never buy from those worthless bastards who have more complaints than Satan.

Let me fix that for you! You know why Florida gun works has all the cool shit? Because they dont ship any of it when it is ordered! Seriously, do a little looking before you buy. These people are horrible to deal with.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:39:36 AM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Florida Gun Works website says it still has OKO's, Is a steaming pile of dog crap rip off store but I would follow that up with a phone call before I make assumptions Never buy from those worthless bastards who have more complaints than Satan.

Let me fix that for you! You know why Florida gun works has all the cool shit? Because they dont ship any of it when it is ordered! Seriously, do a little looking before you buy. These people are horrible to deal with.

I was fixing and elaborating what an earlier poster.  I'm always suspicious of website that say they have thing that nobody use can get.

Guess that means the OP is going to order, from Hong Kong, an item made in the Czech Republic!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:44:09 AM EDT
I agree, FL gunworks is a just a big page listing cool stuff they dont actually have. look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:19:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:01:30 PM EDT
Do not place an order with Florida Gun Works!  Unless there's not enough strife in your life and you're looking to get pissed off
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:19:11 AM EDT
I have been trying to find one of these for my wife for a long time now.
Top Top