Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2007 4:37:32 PM EDT
Hey, i am new here this is my first post...this is also my first AR 15. Other than my military experirence i'm not real familiar yet....Can anyone tell me anything about Ameetec? This is the rifle i have, got a good deal on it and couldn't turn it down...I know most AR's r the same but how does it compare to a bushmaster or dpms? Any info would be great.

Kris
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to arfcom!

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear nothing but good things about them, I went there a couple weeks ago
to get a lower..they were out. I'm going to buy one as soon as they have some
available...(support the local econonmy)
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know a lot about Ameetec specifically, but I seem to recall that they are well thought of by most around here. Bear in mind, when asking about this or that company, you will get those that love and those that hate a particular company. Most of the time, the haters will go ahead and give you a good reason for their dislike.
Also, while AR15's all look and function similarly, all are not created equal. Some companies seem to routinely produce dog rifles, while others typically have good to excellent rifles and will work to fix the unavoidable lemon when one crops up. As far as I know, Ameetec falls into the latter category. They don't seem to be thought of as well as Bushmaster, and feelings towards DPMS vary widely. Don't know how much help there is here, but my $.02 worth. gk
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:40:54 AM EDT
[#5]
well, cool then hoped i hadn't traded for junk, this will help me to sleep easy. thanks
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:57:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Great online name.  I used to own an 85 pound Pitt bull, his papered name was Ruger's PR (purple ribbon) Magnum.  Still have my Ruger pistola's from way back then, but Magnum "crossed the bridge" many years back.

Ironically, an abandoned black Lab/Pitt puppy "adopted" me by jumping into my truck last summer and coming home with me.  He now weighs about 71 pounds, and is like my old dog reincarnated.  Given the town I live it, it is entirely possible my old Magnum contributed to the new dog's gene pool, which is kind of cool.

The AR15 tie-in, is my new dog came up while I was blasting away with an M4gery, didn't mind the noise, and jumped into the truck to hang out while I shot for an hour or two more.  And he likes the taste of CLP...

Paladin
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:49:21 AM EDT
[#7]
My Ameetec is fantastic! Got it in late December. No problems with it at all! Runs Fantastic!

Mike
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Haven't had a chance to check out a complete Ameetec rifle, but their lower receivers are top-notch.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:20:24 AM EDT
[#9]
the complete rifle is sweet. i gotta heckuva deal for it...i will keep you all posted
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#10]
and.....does anybody know if they are custom built, or mass produced?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top