Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2003 2:53:17 PM EDT
I want to build a lower with a fixed tele-stock or some other light weight stock on it.   I will probably end up putting on a bushmaster thin barrel/upper on it.

What kind of stuff do i need to build a lower. How much is it gonna cost, and where should i go for the stuff.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#1]
you have over 5000 posts and you dont know the answer to that ^ [brick]
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#2]
ADCO is a good bet on the stuff you need, priced right and shipped PDQ.

MM419
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for ADCO.

Great prices, personal service, expert advice, the very best products, and $4 flat-rate shipping.
What more could an AR-addict ask for?

[url]www.adcofirearms.com[/url]

[email][email protected][/email]

[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=170654]AR Specific Tools[/url]

[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=153935]Rock River parts[/url]
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I vote for ADCO too!
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Citabria7GCBC,

I'm not sure how it is at the local Houston gun shows.  At the DFW shows, there are always several vendors selling everything from stripped receivers and most any part you could imagine.  The only problem is furniture, pretty much the standard stuff...A2, Shorty or Ace skeleton buttstocks, and black handguards.

The prices at the shows are comparable with mail or online orders.  Some much lower, some much higher.  If you figure in the sales tax it should come close to what shipping would be.  From $85-$150 for a lower depending on brand, an assembled upper with bolt and carrier $250-$700 depending on brand, upper type, barrel type.  Internals for the lowers all seem to be around $55, 2 stage triggers start at $120.  My last project I went with Cav Arms furniture through Coal Creek's sale prices.

Tools...I bought a screwdriver from Midway USA it has all the screw bit tips stored in the handle, From Brownell's I bought the front detent tool and then a set of normal pin pinches from Home Depot and some brass punches from Harbor Freight.  You'll also need a small hammer and an adjustable wrench.

mm
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I am gonna check out those site in the morning.  what i want to do is get a stripped lower + parts kit for a relitivly good price and put it togeather. ofcourse i;ll need to buy a stock seperatly i guess.  as far as the upper goes, i am gonna buy a complete upper.

so let me do some research on stripped lowers and parts kits.  I basically want to make a Post-Ban CAR-15  Does anyone know of fake flash hiders that are the 5.5 (inch?) ones?
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 3:42:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Citabria7GCBC,
I see current prices on lowers and parts kits coming down.
BigJohnStacey  Parts kit RRA and a real deal on a regular stock and buffer spring.

www.eaglefirearms.net Had stripped RRA lowers for $85 plus shipping.
This will put you into an RRA complete lower for around $175.

Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:10:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Citabria7GCBC,

Model 1 Sales has postban XM-177 barrels, uppers and complete kits with the fake 5 1/2" flashhider welded on. As for the flashhider by itself, I do not know of any sources.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Citabria7GCBC,

Model 1 Sales has postban XM-177 barrels, uppers and complete kits with the fake 5 1/2" flashhider welded on. As for the flashhider by itself, I do not know of any sources.
View Quote

thanks for the help!  i dont want the flashhider by itself. its its already on the upper, great!  I plan to buy a complete upper, and put it on my lower that i will  have built!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top