Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 10:30:54 AM EDT
I think I'm going to get one. I have a 20-inch HBAR Bushmaster and would rather have a new caliber in an M4 profile rather than just getting an M4 copy in .223.  Since I only plan on getting one more AR15 varient I would rather get a Colt than a RRA or Olympic.  Afterall I need to have at least one Colt AR15 varient.

What type of accuracy should I expect?  How do the beta C drum mags feed?  What ammo would be the best choice?  And finally what red dot optic could I get for around $200 that would work nicely.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Great to 100 yards for my shooting. Beta is awsome. Wally World Winchester value pack is great ammo.  70 dollars more you could get this for optic right now. HERE
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Also shop around as pricing varies $1-$500 depending on who you get it from.

I have a NIB 6450 OTW I got for $1100 from Gunbroker .

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:25:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had my eye on Gunbroker and Gunsamerica for a while now and $1150-$1200 seems to be the average good price.

Do these have detachable carry handles?  Any other advice on optics would be nice.  I'm more of an ironsights guy anyway but I'd like to try one out.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
i know that i have only seen the le6450 with a1 uppers.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#5]
That's what I thought.  I don't know anything about red dot optics.  What would be a good choice for an optic that would mount on the carry handle?  Are there any 9mm specific red dots?  Or does it not really make a difference whether your firing a .223 or 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:34:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That's what I thought.  I don't know anything about red dot optics.  What would be a good choice for an optic that would mount on the carry handle?  Are there any 9mm specific red dots?  Or does it not really make a difference whether your firing a .223 or 9mm.

usually doesnt matter unless it has a bullet drop comp.

i plan on mounting a compact acog when i get mine
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#7]
An Aimpoint would work on the CH with the right mount. Or try a Hakko for $100 it might be what your looking for and well in your price range.

I would buy some mags for it .As they are pricey and might not be around in large quantities for too long.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:40:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
An Aimpoint would work on the CH with the right mount. Or try a Hakko for $100 it might be what your looking for and well in your price range.

I would buy some mags for it .As they are pricey and might not be around in large quantities for too long.  

totally agree with this! first things first.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top