Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/3/2003 8:24:27 AM EDT
I traded my post ban 16" LW sporter for a Oly 20" PCR-1 Ultramatch that I plan on using for an SPR project. I have 2 other 16" guns. An Oly post ban 16" Hbar re-profiled to A2, and a Oly preban 16" lightweight that is soon to be cut to 11.5" and wearing an AAC M4 2000 sound suppressor.

My plans for the Ultramatch are:
Carbon fiber SPR free-float handgaurd
Barrel cut to 18" and target crowned
GG&G filp up front and rear sights.
I also have a Harris UL 9-13" bipod on QD mount and a Leupold VX-II 3-9x40mm scope to go on her.

I am one happy AR fanatic right now.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:41:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats Thomas. You won't be disappointed with the Ultramatch.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#2]
The day I sell my Colt Sporter LW is the day hell freezes over.  I guess that is because my Colt Sporter is a preban and not a postban.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The day I sell my Colt Sporter LW is the day hell freezes over.  I guess that is because my Colt Sporter is a preban and not a postban.
View Quote

AMEN to that MarineNP
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like youre one happy Oly fanatic too. Have fun!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Good luck with your project... but part with my Colts? [shock]

No way...

Dirk
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't feel Bad, I traded off My Wife Last week but Kept the Guns !!!!! [bounce]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#7]
The Colt was a nice rifle, but I had 2 other 16" guns, including a LW, and I traded even with a friend. The guy had a 24" varmint and got the 20" 3 weeks ago. After he shot my LW he wanted one, so we swapped. My Colt had 4000 rounds on it and the Ultramatch had only 60 on it. He really wanted to trade me the 24" bull, but I didn't want one that heavy. I have been wanting to build an SPR for a while now. I can't decide what to build first,  the SPR or the 11.5" suppressed CQC. Decisions, Decisions.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I just bought a pre ban Oly from a SWAT cop in Kansas. 11.5" with 5.5" flash. Absolutely love the thing. ATF form 1 is sitting on my desk, Im gonna do an 11.5" or 14.5" with a Gemtech or the like supressor.. Just need to get printed and LEO to sign..
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:09:06 AM EDT
[#9]
 I have a little preban OLY that I love to death...but I would cut off, cook and eat both of my feet before I let go of my Colts.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:16:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Had to sell off my entire collection of guns some years back (either that or starve to death).  Kept only on rifle and one pistol.  The rifle was my SP1 Colt,  and the ban hdn't even happened yet[:D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top