Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2010 4:44:26 PM EDT
I do have a Streamlite TLR-1, but it's not currently attached. The only other part I will get is a red-dot, but I haven't decided which, or with what mount.

Spikes Lower

Accuracy Speaks Trigger

MEGA upper (ADTEK)

Mil-Spec BCG

Tubbs CS Flat-Wire Buffer Spring

16" Duracoated CL Lothar-Walther 1:9 (Carbine gas system)

YHM Phantom FH

YHM Smooth Forend

Magpul UBR

Magpul AFG

ACOG TA33-GH w/ LaRue LT105

YHM Q.D.S. BUIS

Now if only the 'fun switch' worked...

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#1]
How do you like the afg?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:24:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

How do you like the afg?

It feels very natural.  Unlike a VFG, which I could never get comfortable with.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:33:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks good my question is how do you like the stock.  I like my AFG on my RRA a lot everytime I shoot it the thing feels better.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Looks good my question is how do you like the stock. I like my AFG on my RRA a lot everytime I shoot it the thing feels better.

The stock is new, so I haven't had any time with it. It's a whole lot sturdier than the collabsible I had on it, that's for sure. LOP for me is too long on an A2 stock, so I was going to buy a Sully. I decided to splurge on the Magpul instead, partly because I like the flexibility of having an adjustable stock. I don't know if it's 'worth' the money for someone like me who will probably never use it in a battle situation. The ACOG is the same way - I could easily do without it. But now I have a great stock, and a great optic, on a 5.56 AR that will shoot 1 MOA with the right ammo.

I like the feature that allows you to pre-set an extended setting.

It has a very positive cheekweld.

Weight seems great - the carbine seems more balanced since I put it on.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info I am getting ready to build a 20" AR and was thinking about that stock but was unsure how it felt and the weight of it.  Is it heavier then a standard A2 stock if so I will probably get it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Thanks for the info I am getting ready to build a 20" AR and was thinking about that stock but was unsure how it felt and the weight of it. Is it heavier then a standard A2 stock if so I will probably get it.

If you want a heavy stock, buy the Magpul PRS.

The UBR weighs 1.5 lb. in its standard configuration (does not include buffer, spring, etc.)

The PRS weighs 1.9 lb. (I've got one on my 20" Grendel.)

I don't know what an A2 weighs.  I had a Colt 6830 with an A2 stock, and it was too long for me.  I would have replaced it if I hadn't sold the rifle outright.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks for the info I am getting ready to build a 20" AR and was thinking about that stock but was unsure how it felt and the weight of it. Is it heavier then a standard A2 stock if so I will probably get it.

If you want a heavy stock, buy the Magpul PRS.

The UBR weighs 1.5 lb. in its standard configuration (does not include buffer, spring, etc.)

The PRS weighs 1.9 lb. (I've got one on my 20" Grendel.)

I don't know what an A2 weighs.  I had a Colt 6830 with an A2 stock, and it was too long for me.  I would have replaced it if I hadn't sold the rifle outright.

I looked at that but I just do not like the PRS stock.  I liked the UBR just I need to handle one in all honesty.  Your input is appreciated though.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:35:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I say you have good taste in guns.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top