Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2006 12:15:38 PM EDT

I'm not sure though.

Could somebody please post a pic of what the occular lens is supposed to look like?

I can't figure out how to adjust the Diopter. That's the main reason I think something is wrong.

The first lens is set in the body of the scope about an inch, and the whole way to it is covered in really fine threads, so I'm wondering if there is supposed to be another lens there.

The FOV is a little slimmer than I expected also.

Shoot, I forgot to mention, it is an 2.5-10 X 42mm
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#1]
What model is it?  M1, M2, CQT, etc.

Quoted:

I'm not sure though.

Could somebody please post a pic of what the occular lens is supposed to look like?

I can't figure out how to adjust the Diopter.

The first lens is set in the body of the scope about an inch, and the whole way to it is covered in really fine threads, so I'm wondering if there is supposed to be another lens there.

The FOV is a little slimmer than I expected also.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#2]

2.5-10 x 42mm UN-illuminated

Sorry about that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Anybody know what this thing is supposed to look like?

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#4]
like this:

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#5]
The diopter is just the eyepiece focus. That's what the Euro's call it.  Try turing the eyepiece at the edge. It should spin.

On IOR's, when new, this can be quite stiff - but it will move. Give it a little ooomph. See the picture above? See where it says " + 0 - " the diaopter ring focus should be right there.

Remember when looking through the scope, don't look at the reticle - look at your field of view while you then focus the reticle to match everything else. If you stare at the reticle when focusing, your eye will adjust to the reticle involuntarily. It will appear crisp, and your view might appear crisp also - but the two will not be focused together.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#6]

The side I need to see is the one out of view, I think it is called occular, I have no idea.

I tried spinning it, but I don't see how it can work. the lens is set in about an inch.
TO ME it looks like mabye it was spun all the way out, if that is possible.

I really can't think of a reason for any threads to be there. What could you screw in there?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Most scopes do have threads where the lenses are. Often the lenses are held in by metal rings that are threaded...

As for yours, does it look anything like the picture above? The picture shows the objective side, not the occular, but yours shouldn't be different. If the part that spins is sticking out way too far, it might be turned to the absolute max focus range in that particular direction.

Just turn that till you get a good focus. Remember, if it is a little stiff, that's ok - but dont' FORCE anything. If it has been turned to the max setting, it won't want to go any further, so don't force it. Consider turning the other way. Do this in 1/2 turns till you eventually see it getting closer to being focused.

*** IF the first lense you see on the ocular side of the scope is more than 1" deep in relation to the end of the scope tube -- who knows, maybe there IS a missing lense. That would be bizarre, but nothing is impossible. If you have access to a digital camera, take a picture. If you don't have any hosting to put up the picture, mail it to me and I'll put it up.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#8]
One of the things that was bothering me about that picture is that the occular lens looks like it is sticking out a little.

Mine is flush with the scope tube and no matter which way I try to turn that rubber ring, It won't budge.

I'm away from home right now so I can't take a picture, thanks for the offer though!

I tried looking everywhere for a pic of that end on the net, but no go.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top