Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/5/2004 12:49:48 PM EDT
I have always owned Bushmaster rifles as I live in Maine and there aren't many Colt dealer's.
Last year I went out and spent big money on a Colt Gov't Carbine and built it into an M4A1 with a R0977 upper from SAW.
Don't get me wrong it is a nice rifle, but I feel that Bushmaster is of better quality and I like that it is Mil spec.
My Colt is not, and I don't really like that about it.   There is just no reason that I can think of to spend the big bucks on Colt AR's when Bushmaster is just as good and cheaper money.
That and the fact that mil spec parts are easier for me to find.  
Colt's AR's are nice but I don't get what all the fuss is about them.
I bought one a year ago because I read here about all the folks that just love them and I wanted to have one in my collection.  
But I won't be buying anymore Colt products any time soon.
Their customer service doesn't do a thing for me either.  They make everything more complicated than it should be in my mind.
Simply put, I like Bushmaster's products and the service they provide.  
That is just my opinion as an avid AR15 shooter & collector.  
Wondering if anyone feels the same.
Afterall, why buy a Colt M4 when you can get a mil spec Bushy M4 for less money?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Afterall, why buy a Colt M4 when you can get a mil spec Bushy M4 for less money?

maybe because bushy M4 isn't milspec(in terms of M4)?

I do agree there's no point to buy a Colt over anything else, unless you simply love the brand.  However I also think that value is in the eyes of the beholder, it may be worth it to some guys but not others.  There's nothing wrong with buying a Colt if you are happy with it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#2]
With the exception of some high quality parts, like barrels and bolts, there isn't much else I want or need from Colt.  The Colt elitists can have their horsey stamped receivers, if it makes them happy, which it obviously does.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

maybe because bushy M4 isn't milspec(in terms of M4)?

I do agree there's no point to buy a Colt over anything else, unless you simply love the brand.  However I also think that value is in the eyes of the beholder, it may be worth it to some guys but not others.  There's nothing wrong with buying a Colt if you are happy with it.

The ONLY brand of AR's I've ever owned that DID NOT have problems were COLTS.
We're all victims of our own experiences, but every armorer I've ever read interviewed endorsed COLT, and the armorers at my dept (a 3,000 officer department) prefer COLT over any of the other brands.
I have 3 AR's now, and they're all COLT.  I don't knock the other brands for anybody else, but over the years its' been my experience that COLT is the most reliable.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#4]
All the controversy makes me want to buy one...not sure why.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Bushmasters are not any more MILSPEC than Colts.

Why not use the same arguement and say "Afterall, why buy a Bushmaster when you can get a mil spec RRA M4 for less money?" Same difference.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:11:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bushmasters are not any more MILSPEC than Colts.

Why not use the same arguement and say "Afterall, why buy a Bushmaster when you can get a mil spec RRA M4 for less money?" Same difference.

Good point.   I just like the Bushmaster's I guess.  I've owned a few RRA rifles and they were nice.
Not with chrome lined barrels though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I have been a fan of Colt, but I wouldn't pay more for them. I'm kind of tight when it comes to my money, and when I can buy a kit or used parts and make an AR for around 500, to me that is good enough. In the past I have bought some Colts which I thought were good deals (like a 6500 for $700, or a SP1 for $750). With there recent policies I won't be buying a new one, so I'll probably not buy another used one unless I see a really good deal on it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Good point.   I just like the Bushmaster's I guess.

And some ppl just like Colts.  See?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I would be very disappointed if we didn't have our weekly Colt vs Bushmaster debate.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#10]
BM "mil-Spec" ?  Riiiiiiiiiiight.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#11]
not to add fuel to the fire but i live about 10 minutes from the east hartford plant, and have had relatives that worked there on and off.  I will say this: Colt has had problems over the years w/ quality issues (specifically to part interchangability in the pistols, variences in tolerences from batch to batch) some of these problems being carried over into the ar line.  I do believe that colt bolts are superior to any thing else on the market quality and tolerence wise tho.  one thing for sure is that there customer service (at least in person) is unbeatable.  I have literally walked into the plant (not the offices)with a feeding problem with a pistol, and have literally handed it to a guy on the line to fix it.  im talking right past security (if there was any) literally w/ a pistol on me.  i suppose they are used to seeing guns so this wouldnt alarm them, but i must say that they treat their customers well.  I got the pistol back 2 days later, wrapped neatly in tissue and a brand new box with a new manual, completey cleaned completely inside and out and polished up to better trhan new ( i gave it to them dirtyh
That sold me then and there on colt (pistol wise), and if i could have a colt ar ( go figure they are banned in CT, colt's home afterall, like banning corvettes in bowling greens), i would have one simply because of the above fact.  

i put colt in the same book that i do chevrolets.....sure they have their problems, but the service is unbeatable, and they "just feel right".  

For all i know if i lived in windham ME, and walked into the bushy plant, they would do the same but who knows.

another thing about colt, is that their recievers are made by continental machine & tool out of new britain ct , just like bushy's, rra, stag, etc.....so there should be no difference reciever wise.(of course the diff companys anodize and mill there own respective recievers a lil differently)

while i generally dont like ct much gun law wise, i will say that its pretty cool to live in the ar capitol of the world.....I mean there are like 3 huge brands within 15 minutes of me, along w/ literally uncountable shops that manufacture ar related parts
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Armalite and Bushmaster do make a very fine product and I own both brands, their customer service is excellent, BUT,  I do have a thing for Colt's.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Bushmaster is a way better company than Colt. All name brand AR's are the same. Colt sucks and I wish them no good. To you old men that wanna  flame at me, go ahead I shot a Colt AR for many years as a kid, as an adult, I build my own on any in spec forged lower that is available, all run like Swiss watches. Each AR built in my garage is a better rifle than a Colt, hands down. Thinking a Colt is a better rifle is like thinking Levi's are better jeans.

As my friends at the gunshop say....
The three M's
Money
Marketing
Morons
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Armalite and Bushmaster do make a very fine product and I own both brands, their customer service is excellent, BUT,  I do have a thing for Colt's.

www.colt.com/law/images/company_colt_logo.jpg

+1  Although I have never owned an Armalite.

I will however make it my new years resolution to fix that problem.   I have drooled over them at the shop- but that was during the ban.  In fact this Colt guy here had one HELL of an urge to pick up one of those .308 dealies with the funky charging handle and brown furniture when they "brought them back"  a little while ago.  Are they still around- I'll have to check the website.  But yes- I unashamedly prefer my lowers to be roll-marked with the "AR-15".  Oh- and AR-15A2, A3.....
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#15]
This is the dumbest thread I've read in a while!

I got to get one of them Mil spec bushies!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:15:45 PM EDT
[#16]
To all you Colt bashers...

.....and I'm not an old fart!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Operator error.
Experience has shown me that 95% of all AR15 malfunctions are a result of something the operator has done wrong. I know this because I bashed the rifle for years as "Dad's rifle" (my Dad loved AR's, as a kid I liked M1A's and Garands) and I thought the rifle was a piece of crap, a mistake. After spending much time learning how the weapon truly operates, the malfunctions ceased. The AR15 is a fickle weapon, but if you understand how to care for it, it will run hard and forever in all kinds of awful shit. If you think Colts don't malfunction I have some oceanfront property in Arizona you may wish to take a look at, it's for sale.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Dang it! I am tired of having to say this every week......

.45 ACP beats the hell out of 9mm any day of the week! I don't care what you say, what the 9mm will penetrate, how flat it shoots, or how many rounds your gun can carry! The .45 ACP has brought down airplanes before and the 9mm can't hold a candle to that!hhh,
...this is bushmaster vs. colt not .45 vs. 9mm? Dang, the posts all look the same with these two subjects!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#19]
The product is only as good as the customer service.......
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Years of dealing with customer service at Colts confirms that they still suck. That you can bank. As far as quality bolts and barrels, Bushmasters have proven to be the best shooters I have had in my 25 yrs. of buying, shooting these.  Never have I had to send a Bushmaster product back. From my experiances ordering however, they sound like easy enough to deal with. Return my emails... I just had to jump in on this-
BTW, Has anyone had a manufacturer loose one of your firearms? I have. Sent in a bolt carier with flaking chrome to have it returned as 'cleaned'? I have.

I have a low round count Colt bolt carrier which I wont even offer for sale. I will not stoop to their level.

Sorry, I'll stop now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#21]
My Colt functioned perfectly. I like Colt uppers. I would pay more for them. I do not like Colt lowers, with the Sear block and pin.

I have decided to put an LMT lower under my LMT upper and buy an MRP.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted: "..............Colt sucks and I wish them no good. "

I'm impressed with the depth of your analysis.  I'm sure people will follow your intelligent  advice.  Keep up the good work and say hello to your Dad for me.  

Edited to add:  patriot73, did you know your avtar doesn't work?  Operator error right?  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
not to add fuel to the fire but i live about 10 minutes from the east hartford plant,

blah...blah...blah.....

Colt employs people in your area, you friends work there. etc.
I'm sure we can get an un-biased opinion from you.
Never mind Colt's and S&W's sellout to the anti-gun crowd.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#24]
NOBODY on this forum can honestly say you can't make a better AR than a Colt for less money using a number of other companies parts, bushmaster included. There's absolutely NOTHING better about a colt period, regardless of what you delusional people think.

And for that one sorry fellow that said chevrolets "just feel right", I suggest you go out of your cave and look around. There's not one domestic vehicle made, that isn't out done by a foriegn vehicle for the same or less money.(with the exception of heavy duty trucks)

One thing I have found, is that buyers remorse accounts for alot of opinions. I'm sure if I threw away hundreds of extra bucks on a gun, I would truely want to believe it was better. Just like if you spent thousands extra on a Ford cobra stang, just to have your ass handed to you by a subaru wrx sti. You'd have to come up with some lame ass excuse just like all the colt owners so as to not shatter your little illusion. Think what you want Colt fans, we all know what the truth is.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
NOBODY on this forum can honestly say you can't make a better AR than a Colt for less money using a number of other companies parts, bushmaster included. There's absolutely NOTHING better about a colt period, regardless of what you delusional people think.

Quit smoking crack, Colt often makes a better product. They park under the FSB, the shoulder behind the treads on the muzzle is square, and they have a taller front sight base, making it easier to use aftermarket sights. They also are one of just a few manufacturers to MP inspect ALL of their bolts and barrels.

The question is; are you willing to pay for those features?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Wait, wait..

OK, now I've got my munchies, I can sit back and enjoy the action!

Carry on with the brand-bashing games!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#27]

+1

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I would be very disappointed if we didn't have our weekly Colt vs Bushmaster debate.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted: "...........Think what you want Colt fans, we all know what the truth is."

The truth shall set you free!

What ever happened to facts?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Since everyone agrees that civilian Colt’s and Bushmaster’s do not meet true MIL Specs perhaps we should start recognizing which of the two is farther OUT OF Spec!

Since Bushmaster only MP's barrel lots (not each and every barrel) this puts them farther out of spec then Colt.

Since Bushmaster does not MP their bolts what so ever this puts them farther out of spec then Colt.

Since Bushmaster’s have NO Parkerizing under the front sight base area of the barrel this puts them farther out of spec then Colt.

Since Bushmaster does not use a MIL Spec dimensioned Carbine extension tube this puts them farther out of spec then Colt.

Since Bushmaster does not use the correct "F" type raised front sight base this again puts them farther out of spec then Colt.

Did I miss anything?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Here is my two cents, I've wanted a good AR for a long time. Now seems the time, tried to buy a Colt (carried one in Vietnam) for nostaligia if nothing else, my local tried and true shop that I've done business with for years couldn't do it,but, they had a Bushmaster that they had ordered that fit my bill perfectly, I put my name on that.

I will add this about Colt, I'm a 1911 fan, every Colt I've bought has gone to a smith to be tweaked, they are not worth #$$% out of the box, contrast and compare to a Sig out of the box, good to go.  My two cents on Colt quality, not to mention Colt and S&W caving in during the years Clinton held the nation hostage/

Still, if I could find a good era Colt M-16,,,,,

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:  "...........Still, if I could find a good era Colt M-16,,,"

All we had to do was clean em and feed em.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Since everyone agrees that civilian Colt’s and Bushmaster’s do not meet true MIL Specs perhaps we should start recognizing which of the two is farther OUT OF Spec!

Since Bushmaster only MP's barrel lots (not each and every barrel) this puts them farther out of spec then Colt.

Since Bushmaster does not MP their bolts what so ever this puts them farther out of spec then Colt.

Since Bushmaster’s have NO Parkerizing under the front sight base area of the barrel this puts them farther out of spec then Colt.

Since Bushmaster does not use a MIL Spec dimensioned Carbine extension tube this puts them farther out of spec then Colt.

Since Bushmaster does not use the correct "F" type raised front sight base this again puts them farther out of spec then Colt.

Did I miss anything?

Yes... Bushmaster's plastic trigger guards and mag catch buttons.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did I miss anything?

Thanks!

Oh yea, when you buy a Bushmaster M4 you don't get M4 handguards or M4 feedramps (as you do with a Colt M4)!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Dang it! I am tired of having to say this every week......

.45 ACP beats the hell out of 9mm any day of the week! I don't care what you say, what the 9mm will penetrate, how flat it shoots, or how many rounds your gun can carry! The .45 ACP has brought down airplanes before and the 9mm can't hold a candle to that!

ohhh, wait a sec.......

...this is bushmaster vs. colt not .45 vs. 9mm? Dang, the posts all look the same with these two subjects!

LOL!!

I vote we ban all future BM vs. Colt threads and vote the authors off the Island!!

BTW - who gives a f*ck which one is closer to Mil Spec or the height of the FSB, etc, etc, ect.  None of this bullsh*t will make you a better SHOOTER!!  

Shut the f*ck up, buy some more ammo and go shoot  

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quit smoking crack, Colt often makes a better product. They park under the FSB, the shoulder behind the treads on the muzzle is square, and they have a taller front sight base, making it easier to use aftermarket sights. They also are one of just a few manufacturers to MP inspect ALL of their bolts and barrels.

I think I'd rather spend the cash I save on high quality optics, rails, and internals. For the price of a colt, you can have a tricked out bushy that is BETTER hands down. I'd much rather have an LMT enhanced bolt than a colt any day for that matter regardless of any MP testing. Who gives a rats ass about an FSB thats a smidgeon higher? I'd rather have the standard height so you can use the plethora of buis out there without modification, and if it really bothers you, change it for a whopping 10 bucks.

So flame all you want, and point out BS that doesn't make it better, just different, whatever you want. You are wrong and thats the bottom line.

As far as accuracy goes, my Bushy 16" barreled mutt shoots circles around my step brothers 20" Colt HBAR. Not to mention my trigger is twice as crisp. (not to mention I have a magpulm93a stock, and arms 45M SIR, all for less than the stock Colt cost)Maybe he got a lemon, maybe not, but it's still FACT and more than enough to see that either colts quality control isn't what you think it is, or the more likely scenario, that colt is just another mediocre company that way overcharges and has no respect for the civilian population. Keep on living in your dream world though, it seems to be working well for you  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#37]
My background is in computing, and I've found that if you get a bunch of geeks together in a room, and start asking any randomly selected manufacturer, and you'll find one guy in the group who swears by them and won't use anything else, and there will be one guy in the group who swears at them and won't touch them with a ten foot pole. (I swear at Compaq, US Robotics, and AMD, and swear on D-Link, HP, and Intel, but that's just me.)

Personally, I like Bushmaster. I only own one rifle (I've only got two hands, so I can only shoot one rifle at a time). They make a good, solid 20" A2 rifle.  I suspect Colt makes a similiar product with similiar quality, but I see no reason to spend the extra money for Colt. The Bushmaster I have will shoot better than I can, and probably better than most people on this forum can, so I just shoot it and be happy. If you need to have a pony on your receiver, or are anal about being "MIL SPEC", go for it.

And, from what I hear the civilian Colt rifles do not come with a chromed bore. If you want to talk about not being "MIL SPEC", that would have a much greater effect on your rifle or carbine than feed ramps, an "F" on the front sight base, or the finish under the front sight base.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to analyze my list above and realize why a Colt costs a little more then a Bushmaster.

The only problem I have is when folks spout drivel about how superior Bushmaster is compared to a Colt when obviously Bushy if lacking in many departments!

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I only own one rifle (I've only got two hands, so I can only shoot one rifle at a time).

BLASPHEMER!  You shall be taken to the cliff and cast upon the rocks below, unbeliever!

To the rest of you who have thought long and hard and decided to save the rest of the world from the eeevils of Colt:

[Don Rickles] Good for you, have a cookie. [/Don Rickles]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I've really tried hard to stay out of this one as I've come to the conclusion that these threads never accomplish anything, but...

Quoted:
I think I'd rather spend the cash I save on high quality optics, rails, and internals. For the price of a colt, you can have a tricked out bushy that is BETTER hands down.

Here's how the pro's that actually use these things for a living feel about the matter.

Ask this guy how he's feeling about Bushmaster quality right now.

I'd much rather have an LMT enhanced bolt than a colt any day for that matter regardless of any MP testing.

There are several members of this board who wouldn't agree with you after their LMT bolts failed after less than 2000 rounds.

Who gives a rats ass about an FSB thats a smidgeon higher? I'd rather have the standard height so you can use the plethora of buis out there without modification, and if it really bothers you, change it for a whopping 10 bucks.

Um...most aftermarket sights are made to Colt "F" height.  Standard FSB's sometimes require a taller front sight post to work correctly with these aftermarket sights.

Perhaps you might consider doing a little research before you try to win any kind of argument.  There are plenty of knowledgeable people here that are fully capable of duking these things out, but you are definitely not one of 'em.  There's nothing wrong with defending your choice in AR's, but at least do it with facts.

Carry on, gentlemen...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quality does'nt mean as much to some people. It's all about money,
If the quality does'nt mean anything then it would be a waste of money to pay for all the extras that Colt offers.

Why buy a nice pair of Florsheim shoes when a pair of Payless shoes will do. -- "I dont think so"

And the person wearing the Payless shoes will swear by them because he really believes they are "just as good"

I'm waiting for the guy that comes in and swears by Hesse.

I'll stick with Colt, not saying the others are bad just prefer Colt.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I think I'd rather spend the cash I save on high quality optics, rails, and internals. For the price of a colt, you can have a tricked out bushy that is BETTER hands down. I'd much rather have an LMT enhanced bolt than a colt any day for that matter regardless of any MP testing. Who gives a rats ass about an FSB thats a smidgeon higher? I'd rather have the standard height so you can use the plethora of buis out there without modification, and if it really bothers you, change it for a whopping 10 bucks.

So flame all you want, and point out BS that doesn't make it better, just different, whatever you want. You are wrong and thats the bottom line.

As far as accuracy goes, my Bushy 16" barreled mutt shoots circles around my step brothers 20" Colt HBAR. Not to mention my trigger is twice as crisp. (not to mention I have a magpulm93a stock, and arms 45M SIR, all for less than the stock Colt cost)Maybe he got a lemon, maybe not, but it's still FACT and more than enough to see that either colts quality control isn't what you think it is, or the more likely scenario, that colt is just another mediocre company that way overcharges and has no respect for the civilian population. Keep on living in your dream world though, it seems to be working well for you  

I don't see how you can deny that most of those are definite improvements. If its not worth it to you, get a Bushy, I don't care. Some guys only can afford a model 1, more power to them, Ii am glad that they have ARs.

I just buy Colt or LMT and trick it out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did I miss anything?

Yep you guys are right.  
When I said mil spec in my original post . . . I was thinking about the pins & the lowers mainly, and the rest of the stuff isn't a big deal to me. . .  I also use RRA lower parts kits.
sorry I wasn't more clear.

There are many different ways to build an quality AR as we all know.  
We probably also know that we can all build a better AR than most manufacturers, by combining parts from the various favored manufacturers.
So what are some of the things you guys don't like about Colt's AR15  and then Bushmaster's AR15 ... I'll start

I agree that Colt's bolt assembly is superior than Bushmaster's (I also like RRA's enhanced bolt assembly)
I don't like the plastic parts Bushmaster uses in their lower parts kit
I don't care for Bushmaster's wimpy M4 handguards
So far I haven't worn out a barrel on either the Colt M4 or one of the Bushmaster M4's
But I seem to have better accuracy with the Bushmaster barrels and I prefer it in 1/7
I prefer Bushmaster's MG PH finish over Colt's, but that is just me. . .
I still think the high price is a major factor for me when it comes to NOT buying another Colt and also their policies are very civilian/gun community NON friendly.
I will admit another reason that I am partial to Bushmaster  . . .  I live in Maine and I believe in supporting the local economy...especially when it is a good product.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Here's how the pro's that actually use these things for a living feel about the matter.

Excellent read.  Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
There are many different ways to build an quality AR as we all know.  
We probably also know that we can all build a better AR than most manufacturers, by combining parts from the various favored manufacturers.
So what are some of the things you guys don't like about Colt's AR15  and then Bushmaster's AR15 ... I'll start

I agree that Colt's bolt assembly is superior than Bushmaster's (I also like RRA's enhanced bolt assembly)
I don't like the plastic parts Bushmaster uses in their lower parts kit
I don't care for Bushmaster's wimpy M4 handguards
So far I haven't worn out a barrel on either the Colt M4 or one of the Bushmaster M4's
But I seem to have better accuracy with the Bushmaster barrels and I prefer it in 1/7
I prefer Bushmaster's MG PH finish over Colt's, but that is just me. . .
I still think the high price is a major factor for me when it comes to NOT buying a Colt and also their policies are very civilian/gun community NON friendly.
I will admit another reason that I am partial to Bushmaster  . . .  I live in Maine and I believe in supporting the local economy...especially when it is a good product.

Now that's called opinion backed by reason.

Sadly 90% of the time all I hear ppl saying Colt sux repeatedly.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Yah you don't need to follow the crowd, go with what works for you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Now that's called opinion backed by reason.

Sadly 90% of the time all I hear ppl saying Colt sux repeatedly.

yeah I am hoping to read some opinions on the differences between Colt & BM AR's, liked or unliked, based on facts, experience, & reason . . . not just Colt sucks

Originally Posted By M4-CQBR

So what are some of the things you guys don't like about Colt's AR15 and then Bushmaster's AR15

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:46:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Me too!

And by the way, Bushmaster isn’t “mil-spec”
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:09:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Time for me

I own Colts  and ArmaLites ....................Both brands have been problem free, I do like my Colts a little more than the ArmaLites.  
I have never even considered buying a Bushmaster only because of the poor customer service I had from them a few years ago when I ordered some parts from them out of their catalog, and was double charged and double shipped and it took 3 months to get it cleared up.

As far as Bushmaster being Mil-spec but honestly does it really matter? it's not like you need a NSN number to order parts, you have to pay for them like most of us do. But if Mil-spec is important to you the Colt is closer to the real deal

So with that, if you dont want to buy  Colts anymore, thats fine........that just means there will be anotherone out there for me
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top