Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2007 5:16:49 PM EDT
I finally had the cash to buy that Troy rear sight I'd been wanting, and got it in the mail so I took off down the road to the range to sight the bad boy in.

Problem was I only had the remnants of an older box of Remington UMC 55gr FMJ with 15 rounds left in the package...

I didnt want to break into my 'always must have 7 loaded 30 round mags' stash, so 15 rounds is all I used.

The 3 shots lower left on the cardboard were the first out the pipe, then I started undoing the screwy elevation adjustments that I was using with a friends bunko carry handle...

Several clicks up and another one down on the front post, a few right clicks later on the rear- Bingo. 50 yard zero with one good right hand flincher!

The range was purely miserable, with 89 degree heat and post-thunderstorm 100 percent humidity, mosquitoes aplenty.

I think the stick is more accurate than I am, and I'd love to get an optic on there to see what I could do at 200 yards and beyond.

Rock River mid length upper with MI ff rail, no-name VFG, Troy rear sight. Bushmaster lower with CTR

Anyhow, a coupla pics-

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top