BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 6:31:03 AM EDT
Hi all,

I went out plinking  with this:

It's got a RRA lower,a Victor Arms v22 upper with a schmidt and bender scope. This was my first experience with an AR and it was great Itwas about as quiet as an air rifle with subsonic ammunition and a moderator,there were a lot of feeding problems and malfunctions but this could be accounted to that particaular rifle. We had on a m4 folding stock which I didnt seem very comfortable with, can you get some kind of cheek piece for target shooting??

Cheers,

Leon
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking rifle.

There are cheek pieces for the AR/M-16 family of rifles.

CRC
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#2]
The Air Force switched to a .22 setup for training/overseas qualifying only during the 80's. Before i went to Korea i had to qualify with the conversion weapon. It  jamed every third or fourth round.Many  feeding problems and malfunctions,you couldn't even get through a 20 round mag. I don't know when they dropped the .22 setup but they went back to 5.56.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:11:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Leon,
          Nice looking outfit!

Before you condemn the rifle give some thought to the fact that the .22RF dedicated uppers operate on the blowback system and that the subsonic ammo that you're using probably doesn't generate enough recoil to operate the action properly.

I realize that it defeats the purpose of having a suppressed firearm, but the best results will be obtained if you use high-velocity ammunition, or a least the standard-velocity stuff.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#4]
There is a .223 upper on its way so that should fix any feeding problems It's going to have to be a straight pull though I'll pick up some high velocity ammo next time
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There is a .223 upper on its way so that should fix any feeding problems have I'll pick up some high velocity ammo next timehr

You're gonna fire .22LR ammo through a .223 Barrel??!?!

And yes... every .22 conversion I have ever used had feeding problems.... def need high vel ammo.. but that wont even give u high reliability. My Glock 30 conversion to 22 often fails to feed every 4-5 rounds.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Does that mean you have to register the weapon as both a bolt action and a rimfire semi auto?

CRC
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There is a .223 upper on its way so that should fix any feeding problems It's going to have to be a straight pull though I'll pick up some high velocity ammo next time

You're gonna fire .22LR ammo through a .223 Barrel??!?!

And yes... every .22 conversion I have ever used had feeding problems.... def need high vel ammo.. but that wont even give u high reliability. My Glock 30 conversion to 22 often fails to feed every 4-5 rounds.

In Britian semi auto centerfire rifles are verboten. Only s-a rimfires are legal.

He is going to convert his gun to a straight pull manually operated legal design.

CRC
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Does that mean you have to register the weapon as both a bolt action and a rimfire semi auto?

CRC

yep you do have to
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Let me guess, you have a Ceiner kit on your G30?  I have an Advantage Arms kit for my G19 and it has run flawlessly for about 1,200 rounds so far.  With Adavantage Arms you just have to make sure not to use Federal ammo (as is made VERY clear in the packaging of the kit)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top