Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2003 10:08:48 AM EDT
I have a 20" Colt HBAR and recently got an Oly 16" SUM upper. I have handloads for the HBAR that I have made (I don't handload) that group into .3".

I am looking for an accurate load in the Oly. It is a 1:8 twist (for lighter bullets) in a .223 match chamber. This is strictly for hunting, so no 5.56.

Can anyone recommend some good varmint/hunting factory ammo in the 40-60g range? I have tried about 6 or 7 different ones and only two are under 1" groups.

I also had something very funny happen with Federal Premium with 52g Sierra Matchkings. I had numerous malfunctions (failed to eject fully) and several double taps!

This is the only ammo that did it though. I have no idea why. I of course have a light trigger, but no other ammo does this.

Any advice on accurate factory loads to try would certainly be much appreciated.

Mark
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top