Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 10/17/2003 8:27:15 AM EST
I've been going to participate in a match and the requirement is that I have 200 rounds of soft "ball" ammunition. I've looked over the the ammo FAQ and I'm guessing the this is referring to jacketed soft point ammo (JSP).

Is this correct?

Where is the cheapest place to buy some?

Thanks for your help,
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 8:31:49 AM EST
"Ball" ammo is FMJ in military nomenclature, (ie..M193) not soft pointed hunting ammo. That said I haven't a clue as to what soft "ball" ammo is...... Mike
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 9:00:06 AM EST
They probably say that just to prevent any AP ammo from being used.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 11:01:59 AM EST
I'll take a stab at it. My guess is it means M193 or equivalent rounds, not the M855/SS109 projectile. Just use 55gr ammo and you'll probably be alright. Or they could mean no steel jacketed ammunition like S&B or Silver Bear. That stuff makes sparks which can sometimes translate into a fire. Anyway, that's how I would interpret the statement. I would call and ask someone before I went out and bought 200 rds of softpoint ammo that is way more expensive than ball.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 1:37:13 PM EST
Maybe your going to be shooting "Softballs" and you just need 200 rounds of ammo to shoot softballs. [:D] Sorry couldn't resist. Have fun at your shoot.
Top Top