Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2003 2:53:22 PM EDT
I have some ar15 30 round mag bodies I would like to replace. I would like to replace them with mil spec quality ones. Can you all send me in the right direction. I cannot order new mags because of where I live. I can only order replacement parts otherwise I would just buy new mags.
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Check with CMMG.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=171982[/url]

MM419
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#2]
ya, they were the first company I checked. They wont sell to my state. California. I know there has to be another place to sell replacement parts like this. I was told this is 100% legal as long as I keep my old mag bodies. Am I wrong. If I am please advise.
Thanks
Brian
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 1:14:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe you have to check with your local law enfocement authority.  Maybe if you get a signed letter from your local sheriff or police chief and send it to CMMG, they would reconsider?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 11:03:05 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.cmmginc.com/inventory_a/Magazine_tbl.html                                                                                                        Link to place to find replacement mag bodies that have teflon coatings.  Good luck
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#5]
a tapco catalog I got has FAL mag bodies for sales, and it states can be shipped anywhere.......I would think that tapco wouldn't be saying that if it wasn't legal to send them to commiefornia, and other places.

I believe that CMMG is just siding on the side of caution, or just doesn't know it is legal. in anycase if he wants to miss out on  sales, that's on him.  

you could always post WTB mag bodies in the WTB forums.  

just doing some figuring on CMMG prices..... and you can save money by buying mag body and then buy the internal kits sepertely, then buying a complete mag.......now if I was in commiefornia........well you figure it out.

as for keeping the mag body you're replacing....now why would you? the purpose of a replacement mag body is to replace the unserviceable one....now why are you going to keep a unservisable part, around the house? once you replace the body, it's still only one mag.....so who is even to know that is a replacement? I believe that CMMG is just a bit too paranoid over this "keep the original body" as proof it's a replacement.  

on the other side of the coin... how are they (the state) even going to know how many mags you had in the first place, did you have to register how many mags you had originally before the ban in commiefornia?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top