Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 2:14:24 PM EDT
What length do most of you prefer shooting at? Even with a 6 pos stock, which position of the 6 do you like best? I have a fairly long trigger pull, when I last owned an AK I had the kVar Us made stock on it and it was barely long enough. Trying to decide if I would ever need the other 5 positions on a tacstock....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have all kinds of stocks............ but when it comes down to shooting all of them go to the last position. they are only at the first (shortest) position when in transport and when not being used. for me the 2,3,4,5 position is useless I only use the first and last positions
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#2]
So then I could make the assumption that the 6 pos is for most with a longer trigger pull, a looks only thing? Or transport as you pointed out?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#3]
for me when actually pulling off rounds, it is in its last position for the longest pull, yes. fully colapse is when either when clearing small spaces or slung when not in use.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#4]
didn't you want help with your butt?  

asstease...

in all seriousness, go to www.militarymorons.com.  the guy has some great articles and excellent pictures of gear and any and all new gadgets for the ar plus other stuff.  

He shows the length of pull differences of various stocks on their correct tubes like the magpul, Vltor and LMT Sopmod stocks as well as the ribbed 6-position.  I'd put up a link to a picture but they are all locked with a username and pw so that noone can link directly-  both are "mm" if you decide to check out his site.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#5]
MagpulM93B

Standing up, carrying = closed up (short LOP)

Prone = longer length of pull.

Heavy coat = shorter LOP

Tshirt = longer LOP

You get the idea.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I prefer a good old fashion A1 fixed stock lentgh.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Try this as a starting point.

Choosing the best collapsible stock for "you".
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the second and third position for everything but prone. Last position for prone. I hav elong arms though.   I like having the freedom to get it just right wether Im wearing Body Armor or a tee shirt..
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I used to use only the fully extended position, but now I shorten it up 1 or 2 notches.  I shorten even more when I'm wearing a camelback or other pack.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Hmm then it sounds like I'll want options on stock length...well let me ask ya'll this, does the RRA 4 and 6 position stocks rattle much or at all? That would be severly annoying...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#11]
When I shoot standing I do it to improve my ability to fight.  Therefore I use it more closed than open.  Cant use an open stock and use a correct stance unless you are well over 6'6".  For prone I expect to not have the ability to open the stock any extra so I practice at the same length as my CQB length.  If I am doing bench work or target shooting I change stances and use a non combat target style stance and open the stock up.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top