Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/28/2004 4:33:50 PM EST
OK, I need a case that will hold 2 weapons for Air Transport. One is a 20" SAM-R, and the other is a 14.5" Carbine.

HERE IS THE CATCH...

The weapons will have to be separated into the upper/lower for size constraints. I have a small car w/ no trunk space (350Z), and will need to get these to the airport. Front seat is OK, but a 50" case will not fit there. I do not have access to any other vehicle. I have one pelican 1600 for the 14.5", but the 20" won't fit in it alone, or with the 14.5". Mag and optic storage is a plus.

Any help is appreciated.

IO1
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:39:03 PM EST
No body has any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:16:03 PM EST
cheaperthandirt.com (hold the laughter) has a selection of aluminum double-rifle cases that might work for you. let me know if this helps, ey.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:21:38 PM EST
why not stick with Pelican - i have a 1750(not what your looking for at all) but they have shorter ones made just for that!

like the:

1650(which, if you broke your rifles down could hold both, with all the optics and mags you could ever want)

1700 is about 40in in length - less that 4ft will fit in pass seat. its what i was going to buy for my two ARs.

if you are looking for good prices check out allcases.com - they are FL based but i bet that even with the shipping the price would be better than some of your local shops.

There is no need to compramise your rifles with a shoddy case - Pelican is expensive but in my opinion, very worth the money!

my .02
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:27:58 AM EST
Thanks, and I agree 110% on the shoddy cases. As I mentioned, these kits have to fly, and its not like airlines are going to take care of $7500 worth of my hardware. I will look into the 1650 for this run. Thanks for the replies.

IO1
Top Top