Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2004 7:52:23 PM EDT
I need a colt lower RE-anodized. colt black NOT colt gray.
Please no paint, coated or other product replies. anodized only to original finish.
Can someone refer me to a shop that they have had first hand experience in getting their lower done and feedback on how much it cost and how it came out.
Thank You.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I called bushmaster and they recomended
pcoftitusville.com
Has anyone heard of these guys?
I called them and they said yes they do this service for $75 BUT I am a bit shy after talking with the guy. Not shy because of doubt of if they do a good job, but shy because of the process he explained. he said that they must chem clean, blast and then re-anodize. the process is only recomended once for the life of the gun and there is a very small possibility that drilled holes in the receiver can become slighlty larger. Sounds like a intrusive process. He also says it comes out nice.
From the way he talked they do this service often for customers.
Someone must have had them do a receiver and can provide feedback. Lets here some.
Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Try Tech Plate Inc. 714-634-9254 I had a colt upper and lower re anodized by them and it was top notch (nice dark black)
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I called bushmaster and they recomended
pcoftitusville.com
Has anyone heard of these guys?
I called them and they said yes they do this service for $75 BUT I am a bit shy after talking with the guy. Not shy because of doubt of if they do a good job, but shy because of the process he explained. he said that they must chem clean, blast and then re-anodize. the process is only recomended once for the life of the gun and there is a very small possibility that drilled holes in the receiver can become slighlty larger. Sounds like a intrusive process. He also says it comes out nice.
From the way he talked they do this service often for customers.
Someone must have had them do a receiver and can provide feedback. Lets here some.
Thanks.

He's right...and honest about it. That is exactly what has to be done, and it is a destructive process. Since you have to remove the old anodization before growing a new surface and dyeing it there isn't any choice. The only other ways to remove the old anodization is to sand it off, or chemically remove it, both of which are also destructive.  Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Try Tech Plate Inc. 714-634-9254 I had a colt upper and lower re anodized by them and it was top notch (nice dark black)

Tech Plate Inc. has a minimum charge of $125 so make sure you have them do 2 pieces or more.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I am leaning very heavy towards Tech Plate Inc.
I am bummed, I have only one lower that I want done so I may get stuck with the 120 min fee.
UNLESS
Does anyone out there have a upper or something that they want done and would want to go in with me? My lower would cost $80 instead of 120. Your item (upper)would also cost $80. Both of us would save $40.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:28:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top