Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 12:46:36 PM EST
I recently purchased a Colt Sporter Lighweight .223 AR 15. Did Colt make a limited number of these? Where do I find the barrel twist riate?

There are some light nicks on the upper and lower where the paint is missing. I was think about sending it to Wislon Combat to get there armor tuff finish put on it for $250. Any opinions on weather it is worth it.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:55:23 PM EST
I can't tell you much about rarity or production numbers but I have a Colt Lightweight Sporter lower in near perfect shape SL0181xx and have been told it is semi-rare. It is the Colt grey colored finish and it had a LN black Colt LE6721 flat top upper. Mine wasn't scratched or anything but couldn't stand the black over grey 2-tone look. I had mine Armor Tuff coated in grey and it looks great. It isn't an EXACT color match but still TONS closer than the black and much more durable finish than the stock black too.

I've got some pics here if you want to see what it looks like. The color difference is much more noticable in the bright sunlight and pics than it is normally. Most that have handled it didn't notice it till I pointed it out to them.

Lightweight Sporter Lower / LE6721 upper
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:39:15 AM EST
I found the twist rate. It was at the end of the barrel near the flash suppressor. It is a 1/7 twist rate.

JETWC thanks for the pics and the reply. It is a sweet looking gun.Anyone else have any opinions?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:49:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2004 2:50:44 AM EST by redfisher]
wilson finish is good but do yourself a favor and compare quality (feedback) and pricing from Lauer Custom Weaponry. They use Duracoat process which is terrific and IMO a better finish.

Click HERE

and check out SERVICES
Top Top