Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2004 3:22:23 AM EDT
Y'all can appreciate this.  I have shot and played around with my TA31 at the range with no pressures at all.  Great groupings out to 100 yards with no problems.  The other day I had to qualify with my AR for work.  Certain amount of shots from 40 yards kneeling and prone then standing from 25 yards all in a certain time.  I felt like I was cheating.  Everyone else had open sights and there was me with my Wonderful trijicon.  We were shooting B-27 targets.  Many had really great groupings, but I completely punched out the X.  Not a hard task with the TA31 in normal situations.  But with the added stress of a time limit, it gave me a lot more confidence in how quick of a CQB sight it can be.  

Just thought I'd share.    
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:43:46 AM EDT
[#1]
+1 & ^5
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:49:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Snow,

At those close distances, do you feel the TA31 was as easy to use (aquire a clear sight picture) as an Aimpoint Comp ML?  I have only handled one of these TA31 sights and it was not mounted on a weapon.  It was tough to realy give the BAC a workout under those conditions.  Sounds like you were able to shoot quite effectively at close quarters.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:13:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Snow,

At those close distances, do you feel the TA31 was as easy to use (aquire a clear sight picture) as an Aimpoint Comp ML?  I have only handled one of these TA31 sights and it was not mounted on a weapon.  It was tough to realy give the BAC a workout under those conditions.  Sounds like you were able to shoot quite effectively at close quarters.

Regards,
Gary

Just keep both eyes open and look at the target, not the donut.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#5]
The TA31 is certainly one of, if not, the best!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Snow,

Regards,
Gary

At close ranges, nothing can beat a good aimpoint.  I have both TA31F and a Comp ML.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Ive never used the TA31F, but the people Ive talked to here and at the range say the donut is a much faster sight than the chevron,  the chevy is more accurate though.  I dont know man, the donut was pretty damn fast.  The BAC is great, there is one problem with it though.  Lately Ive been shooting my AR so much that when I shot my glock and my Smith I started with both eyes open.  Still had a good grouping but the first two shots (before I adjusted) where in the 8 ring.  I guess I just need to shoot more.  Dang it  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top