Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/21/2005 6:10:15 PM EDT
As you all know NYS, in their ultimate wisdom, had decided long ago to keep the AWB in effect. Having Knives and flash "suppressing" devices on a firearm makes them "really" dangerous.( would really hate to be out of ammo and "fix bayonets" on a ground hog!) I currently own a Bushy HBAR 20"A3 in a post ban configuration. I would really like to have a rifle in an M-4 configuration. Looking on this site has shown me that most guys have a preference towards Colts. I can't complain about my Bushy,it shots 1"-1 1/4" groups@100yds with Hornady V-Max ammo.Pretty good IMO. I was looking on Guns America for a colt in the M-4 configuration and most of these guns are in the $1500-$2000 range. A little steep for my taste for a "toy". A Colt Sporter or 20" HBAR however are considerably less$. Is it worth it to buy a sporter or an HBAR (pre-ban of course) and throw say a Bushy M-4 upper or LE 16" upper on the colt lower. Add the collapsable stock and ta-da,theres my legal Pre-ban. Will the Colt lower fit the Bushy upper or any other upper fit the Colt lower? I'm just getting into the "Black Rifle" and I don't have alot of knowledge on the subject. Mostly a "bolt gun"guy. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:48:13 AM EDT
If your looking to build an upper i have a RRA M4 Barrel im looking to get rid of. has front sight tower, barrel nut, NY legal faux flash hider and fat colt handguards.

-josh
josh @ servicerifle DOT net
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:02:30 AM EDT
Find a preban lower and buy it while your state still allows you that option.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:10:26 AM EDT
And failing that, two words: Cav Comp
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:54:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/22/2005 2:21:42 PM EDT by remltr]
Do you guys know where I can just buy a pre-ban lower?Just worried about the" must have been a complete weapon before the ban" Also can you guys tell me how to tell a blocked or unblocked gun. What is the diffference between unblocked and blocked? Is it a green label,blue label thing specific to colts or are all ar variants RRA Bushmaster etc block or un blocked? Thanks!
Top Top