Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 6:10:15 PM EDT
As you all know NYS, in their ultimate wisdom, had decided long ago to keep the AWB in effect. Having Knives and flash "suppressing" devices on a  firearm makes them "really" dangerous.( would really hate to be out of ammo and "fix bayonets" on a ground hog!) I currently own a Bushy HBAR 20"A3 in a post ban configuration. I would really like to have a rifle in an M-4 configuration. Looking on this site has shown me that most guys have a preference towards Colts. I can't complain about my Bushy,it shots 1"-1 1/4" groups@100yds with Hornady V-Max ammo.Pretty good IMO. I was looking on Guns America for a colt in the M-4 configuration and most of these guns are in the $1500-$2000 range. A little steep for my taste for a "toy". A Colt Sporter or 20" HBAR however are considerably less$. Is it worth it to buy a sporter or an HBAR (pre-ban of course) and throw say a Bushy M-4 upper or LE 16" upper on the colt lower. Add the collapsable stock and ta-da,theres my legal Pre-ban. Will the Colt lower fit the Bushy upper or any other upper fit the Colt lower? I'm just getting into the "Black Rifle" and I don't have alot of knowledge on the subject. Mostly a "bolt gun"guy. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:48:13 AM EDT
[#1]
If your looking to build an upper i have a RRA M4 Barrel im looking to get rid of.  has front sight tower, barrel nut, NY legal faux flash hider and fat colt handguards.

-josh
josh @ servicerifle DOT net
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:02:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Find a preban lower and buy it while your state still allows you that option.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#3]
And failing that, two words:  Cav Comp
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you guys know where I can just buy a pre-ban lower?Just worried about the" must have been a complete weapon before the ban" Also can you guys tell me how to tell a blocked or unblocked gun. What is the diffference between unblocked and blocked? Is it a green label,blue label thing specific to colts or are all ar variants RRA Bushmaster etc block or un blocked? Thanks!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top