Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2003 7:35:08 PM EDT
While travelling back home today, my son and I stopped at a nearby McDonald's for lunch. When I walked up to the counter to place my order, the young man standing behind it noticed my ARFCOM T-shirt.

He says so I can hear him "The AR15, same as the Mini-14 and the M16". Then he says the only difference between the AR and M16 is that the AR15 shoots the .223 and the M16 shoots 7.62x39.

I told him he was close, but off just a little bit. The M16 shoots 5.56 and/or .223 ammo.

He then tells me that he is a Ranger and that the M16A5 they use, shoots  the 7.62x39 round.

He then says that the first sniper rifle he was issued was a .50 so he could shoot at tanks with it. He even saw a .50 round go through a cinder block at 250m.

He then says that after basic he was given the rank of E4 because he helped bring in 14 other guys when he enlisted. He then complained that even though he was only 25 they wanted to force the rank of E8 on him.

I was hoping the food would of taken longer so I could of picked up some valuable information to share with everyone.

So remember the differences between an AR15 and an M16 now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#1]
[puke]
[rofl2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Eh ... thanks for that, gunnut.  I just felt my IQ drop by about 20 points.  I must now go read entire volumes of world book encyclopedias so I can begin the slow healing process from the cerebral damage you've caused me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I died a little one the inside...
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]
*scratches head*
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you ask him why a man of his obvious skills was working at McDonalds when there was a war going on?
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 8:01:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I learn something new at this site every day.  Thanks![:D]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#7]
just remember, there is always someone who knows a little more than you [:P]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I've met that guy!
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Did you ask him why a man of his obvious skills was working at McDonalds when there was a war going on?
View Quote

[peep]Shhh....He's part of the [b][red]F[/red][/b]oxtrot [b][red]O[/red][/b]scar [b][red]S[/red][/b]ierria RedTabb Rngr Btn. He'll kill us if he finds out we know!!![peep]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#10]
lucky you survived that encounter... little known fact that he is actually a deep undercover mall ninja!
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Every once in a while you meet someone who has [i]everything[/i]  wrong, and you feel kinda bad because they are so sure of themselves and proud of their knowledge.  

So you kinda gotta slip away without shattering their bliss...

My usual line is something like "I don't know..." or "really?" then I tell them what I [i]thought[/i]  was true and sometimes they "remember" that you're right.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:34:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
lucky you survived that encounter... little known fact that he is actually a deep undercover mall ninja!
View Quote

That's right - I guess it's a good thing that nobody dropped any spoons while you were there!
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#13]
what an idiot. [rofl2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Dammit... You had all that vast knowledge looking you in the face and you didnt ask the good questions....Like
1.ACOG or Aimpoint?
2.Wolf? is it ok?
3.what gun did...well you know,LOL
4.So tell me about RGUNS!
...............UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Did Ronald McDonald teach him that? [stick]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's really not funny.

Didn't you know that the real Ronald McDonald is a Medal of Honor winner for saving Captain Kangaroo and Lee Marvin from the Japanese in Vietnam?
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:29:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That's really not funny.

Didn't you know that the real Ronald McDonald is a Medal of Honor winner for saving Captain Kangaroo and Lee Marvin from the Japanese in Vietnam?
View Quote

I think your confusing Ronny with Mr.Greenjeans...
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#18]
No. Mr. Greenjeans was actually Canadian and never served in the military at all.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:35:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No. Mr. Greenjeans was actually Canadian and never served in the military at all.
View Quote

I knew there was something funny bout him!
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Can we get an honorable mention for Bunny Rabbit & Dancing Bear?

[i]Is the Cpt. out on DVD yet?[/i]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:37:17 AM EDT
[#21]
At first I had considered calling him on the wealth of information, but decided that it was better just to keep quiet. When I got out side my son wanted to know why I was laughing so hard.

Maybe I can come up with a list of questions by the time I head back to that McDonalds. Of course he will probably be on some sort of covert mission the next time through.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:49:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:08:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

[peep]Shhh....He's part of the [b][red]F[/red][/b]oxtrot [b][red]O[/red][/b]scar [b][red]S[/red][/b]ierria RedTabb Rngr Btn. He'll kill us if he finds out we know!!![peep]
View Quote

Working for McDonalds, he's more likely a member of a [red]F[/red]ast [red]A[/red]ction [red]R[/red]esponse [red]T[/red]eam.. [fart]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:13:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Stupid people always know more than the less-stupid people...  

The less-stupid people are smart enough to know better then to share what they don't know...
So, how was the burger....  with such high hiring standards, I can't help but wonder if he managed to get your order right!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:18:44 AM EDT
[#25]
VA-

Did you ask him what F*cking "Army" he was referring to?

Perhaps the "Big Dumb One"?

[rofl2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:09:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Perhaps "McRanger" was confusing an M16 with an AR-10?
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:17:19 AM EDT
[#27]
I did not know that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:19:28 AM EDT
[#28]
DID YOU GET FRIES WITH THAT ? [BD]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:30:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm met some people like that too. What they don't know is that I've "lived" guns for the last 28 years and if I don't know something I damn sure know where to find the info.   I have a neighbor who owns a .22 Hornet, he tried to tell me that the round was almost as big as a 30/30 and that he could shoot stuff at 3000 yrds. with it, ya, right, and pigs can fly too.   In  an accurate rifle the Hornet is good to maybe 200 yrds, but 3000, come on now, I was born at night but it wasn't last night.  
  It's good to know  about firearms, that way you can cull out the real people from the people that like to B.S.
   Talk to ya' later.  TN.Frank
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:48:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Yep, one of my buddies has a saying that I have come to agree with.  "Stupid people look a whole lot smarter when they keep their mouth shut".  So when I don't know, I try to LOOK like I do, not sound like I don't!!  Though I am not always successful.

Doc
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:35:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
While travelling back home today, my son and I stopped at a nearby McDonald's for lunch. When I walked up to the counter to place my order, the young man standing behind it noticed my ARFCOM T-shirt.

He says so I can hear him "The AR15, same as the Mini-14 and the M16". Then he says the only difference between the AR and M16 is that the AR15 shoots the .223 and the M16 shoots 7.62x39.

I told him he was close, but off just a little bit. The M16 shoots 5.56 and/or .223 ammo.

He then tells me that he is a Ranger and that the M16A5 they use, shoots  the 7.62x39 round.

He then says that the first sniper rifle he was issued was a .50 so he could shoot at tanks with it. He even saw a .50 round go through a cinder block at 250m.

He then says that after basic he was given the rank of E4 because he helped bring in 14 other guys when he enlisted. He then complained that even though he was only 25 they wanted to force the rank of E8 on him.

I was hoping the food would of taken longer so I could of picked up some valuable information to share with everyone. [whacko]

So remember the differences between an AR15 and an M16 now.[:D]
View Quote

------

Hahhahhahha.

Wow, there's a deluded, lying individual a minute out here in the world.

He sounds like a legend in his own mind. I wonder if he's a Navy Seal also?
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 9:10:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Well I served with this guy and I think you guys should show a little more respect for a 25yr old E8. Only the ARMY's finest get selected to be Rangers almost none get issued the M16A5 untill they have proven there sniper skills with the .50cal at ranges all the way out to 250 meters. And come on you guys rag on him like he just watched the History channel half drunk one night and now he's a know it all, I served with this hero you should all be much, much more respectful of those who serve you.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#33]
"McRanger" was obviously an unfortunate victim of DAIN BRAMAGE, caused by too many blows to the head from McDonald french fries.[noclue][stick][whacko]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
"McRanger" was obviously an unfortunate victim of DAIN BRAMAGE, caused by too many blows to the head from McDonald french fries.[noclue][stick][whacko]
View Quote

It is really not caused by blows to the head, but rather the french fry grease oozes through the greasy hat and is absorbed directly into the brain. This can wreak havoc on the common sense and reality parts of the brain.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

It is really not caused by blows to the head, but rather the french fry grease oozes through the greasy hat and is absorbed directly into the brain. This can wreak havoc on the common sense and reality parts of the brain.
View Quote

That McDonald's frying oil absolutely is a threat to American society!! I think this call for a MFOB (McDonald's Frying Oil Ban) as a replacement for the AWB!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Guy at work has let everyone know he is ex-Army SPECOPS. Plays the part well, I must add, I had no reason to doubt him, until:

Told me one day when he was going through sniper school, the instructor had someone drive a Jeep with a target in the passenger seat. From a distance of 5000 meters (yes, I confirmed that distance with him), the instructor rapid fired 3 head shots into the taget while it was moving 10-15 MPH.

For grins, I asked if that was with the new M-57 sniper rifle (Remember The Manchurian Candidate and you understand the pun). He replied "Yep, it is a sweet gun".

It takes all kinds.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#37]
For grins, I asked if that was with the new M-57 sniper rifle (Remember The Manchurian Candidate and you understand the pun). He replied "Yep, it is a sweet gun".
View Quote

Oh man, I LOVE to do shit like that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#38]
The wise man knows that he does not know.
The foolish man imagines that he does.

Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#39]
While working a McDs in college I had a co-worker tell me the M-14 was 14 lbs, so the M-16 was 16lbs and the M-60 was 60lbs. I attempted to correct him by explaining I had once had to carry an M-60 for a FTX and on one occasion I had carried one in each hand (by the carry handle, I wasn't rambo) to set them up for training. He insisted they were 60lbs each.

Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
While working a McDs in college I had a co-worker tell me the M-14 was 14 lbs, so the M-16 was 16lbs and the M-60 was 60lbs. I attempted to correct him by explaining I had once had to carry an M-60 for a FTX and on one occasion I had carried one in each hand (by the carry handle, I wasn't rambo) to set them up for training. He insisted they were 60lbs each.

View Quote

Damn. Guess I won't be buying That AR-180 then.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#41]
We are forgetting the most frightening part of all: These people may actually breed someday!

A while ago two guys I know tried to convince me that you couldn't own Glocks because they could pass through metal detectors. One of them has recently signed up to join the Marines [:O].
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hmmm, ask him if there would be a noticable amount of recoil when firing M855 at 3000 fps out of an M4. [;)]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:52:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Uhm VA-gunnut, this Mcdonalds isn't near where we are having the VA shoot is it??? Remind me not get out of my car till I get to the range and to bring my tin foil hat!

C4
View Quote

Actually it was around Richmond, but in the supposedly well educated suburbs. It definitely couldn't of been around here, he knew that there was something other then a shotgun. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Flash-Hider, that whole "breeding" thing really has me scared. I'm holding my AR tight, very, very, scared. And to think, those are the people making the food I eat... And oh my God, maybe even the food my children eat! We DO need to ban that fast food! lol. For the children. It'll be a child protection act! Yes, that's a good cover, er name for it! Save the children. It's all about the children... Anywho, ask him if he's seen the new porcilin (sp.)? Glocks... (Man, I can see a whole thread devoted to just plain ole mean jokes played on non-gunners)!

Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I feel bad for the guys carrying the M240's

The Cheat
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Once had a guy tell me the M60 was .60 caliber,I told him divide by 2 and then you will get the truth.Thank God you didnt order a shamrock shake he would have told you that was slang for doing the low crawl as a soldier in the IRA,McRanger..I love that.[8D]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#47]
I bet if you looked at his feet .........

His shoes were on the wrong foot.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Was he wearing an "Imbroglio for Guvner" t-shirt under his McyDee smock?
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#49]
I got to say it!!! [banghead]
Stupid should hurt. [slap]
Ahhh Thank you that feels better.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Reminds me of this guy that wouldn't stop talking at me at the fun store a few weeks ago. He told me all about making shots with his .357 revolver from 200 yards. Then he told me about his select fire M21 sniper rifle that he could hit bullseyes with from a mile away. I think he was still talking when I walked away. It didn't seem to matter to him that noone was listening.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top