Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2002 2:33:27 AM EDT
I have done a six month search of every related topic and I'm looking for some fresh ideas.

I am about to receive a Rock River Arms 16" carbine with the flattop tactical carry handle and rear pepp sight.  I have researched some optics for this gun and have narrowed it down to two contestants.  The Aimpoint ML2 and the EOTech 511.

This gun will be used mostly for recreational shooting and defense if necessary (God forbid)  

I am taking into consideration reliablity, accuracy, speed, etc.

Thanks in advance    
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 3:54:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Your welcome, (although I fail to see a question in your post)

If your trying to decide between the 2 optics, suggest you look through both of them (or better yet find someone with each installed meet them and put a few rounds downrange with each before you decide) and decide which one YOU LIKE. If you've read the last 6 months of Aimpoint and EOTech topics you know it's a matter of personal preference and fairly well split between us Aimpoint fanatics and those EOTech losers, (just kidding fellas).

Posted in jest and no flame intended, syd, good luck w/ your choice,
Mike
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 7:40:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I found this to offer a fair discussion on the two, largely with input from some "end user" types...

64.177.53.248/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000381.html
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 11:00:05 AM EDT
[#3]
You know what I do when stuck between two choices?  I buy both of them, try them out, and send back the one I don't prefer.  The benefit of testing both far out weigh the $10 in shipping costs to and fro.   I went to the AR15.com shoot in Ottawa, IL last Sunday.  There I fired an AR with a Eotech 511, OKO reflex, ATN reflex, and my Aimpoint M2.  I am really glad I bought my Aimpoint.  

If you order from sableco, Don has no problem with sending things back.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top