Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2003 9:38:04 PM EDT
M16/M16A1 CAL 5.56 mm
UNIVERSAL INDS. DIV
SIMMONDS PREC. PROD. INC.
WEST HAVEN, CONN. U.S.A.

he brought them back this weekend for me I read about them in the FAQ I was just wondering if there was anything else you could tell me thanks alot
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:32:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I have some of them and they are as good as any other USGI mag. I've never had any problem with any of them.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:48:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Why does the army still have mags this ole? from my understanding they are from the late 60's to early 70's?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why does the army still have mags this ole? from my understanding they are from the late 60's to early 70's?
View Quote

If we could see all of the US GI mags that have been produced since the M-16 was adopted, it would probably be scary how tall the pile of them together would be. I suppose when there are so many of these made, it just takes a very long time to get rid of them all.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 8:26:21 AM EDT
[#4]
20s are still used by some units.

As far as the army having 30+ year old mags, that's nothing.  They are still using the M35 6x6 and its derivatives, now 50 years old.

Noah
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#6]
NYCOP, how did your friend aquire these mags?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I am sure his friend bought them at a gunshow.  You certainly should not assume these were illegally acquired government property.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I suppose that's why the post is a question instead of a statement.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes he is in the army but he got them as surplus on his way back up.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:24:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Who cares where he got them from?
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:40:43 PM EDT
[#11]

I care damnit!

1. If they were "taken" from the Army, then they are not his mags to take! (taxpayers, in case you didn't get it).

2. If they were "taken" from the Army, then someone (his friend) stands a chance of getting busted.

3. If they were "taken" from the Army, you obviously don't think anything is wrong with stealing?

Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I care damnit!

1. If they were "taken" from the Army, then they are not his mags to take! (taxpayers, in case you didn't get it).
View Quote

I guess he isn't a tax payer?

2. If they were "taken" from the Army, then someone (his friend) stands a chance of getting busted.
View Quote

Don't you think anyone in the military would know that, and would have thought that point through already.

3. If they were "taken" from the Army, you obviously don't think anything is wrong with stealing?
View Quote

I never said anything about stealing being wrong or right. Would it be stealing if the mags were slated for destruction? I think the government spending tax money on equipment and then destroying that equipment instead of putting it back on the market as surplus is more like stealing, if not just throwing our money in the garbage IMO.

Oh yeah, I guess you can guarantee that every surplus mag you come across, never walked off a military base when a solder was short of money.

Since it has been stated that the mags didn't come from a military base, but from a surplus store then you have nothing to worry about.

Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Asked and answered. NYCOP and his friend are honorable men. Move along, nothing to see here.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
they are not his mags to take! (taxpayers, in case you didn't get it
View Quote

I would much rather get my tax dollar's worth of used government AR mags than have it go to some crack-addicted ghetto mom's welfare check.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey we need "pre-ban" mags from where ever we can get them.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top