Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/3/2008 7:09:19 PM EDT
I have just started to get ammo for my new ar, lmt 16 inch and have just got a case of 5.56, 55 grain xm193 what to expect from this ammo?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Good ammo IMO. Not that dirty and the accuracy is good. Your AR should eat it up.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Hahaha... I remember the first time I found XM193.  Waaaay before I found ARFCOM.  I was shopping at a local gunshop and found this ammo in nice little white boxes.  I took it home and lit off the first round.  First I was like , then I was like , then I was like .  Since that day it's been my ammo of choice.  Enjoy, but save some for later...
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#3]
If it were me, I would expect o hang on to at least half of it. While there is some around right now, it is still somewhat scarce compared to a couple years ago.

It is not match grade ammo, but is a good reliable old standby. It usually groups around 1.5 to 2 inches for me at 100 yards.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Expect it to go BOOM everytime.

Expect it to go really, really fast.

And expect to get a lot more when that case is gone
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Expect the absolutely best blasting ammo available.

- AG
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#6]
My fav AR-15 ammo. All of my four rifles of various pedigree and barrel length love it, especially the ammo that comes packed in those 20-rd boxes. Definitely hot 5.56mm stuff and probably has a slightly higher POI compared to 62-gr M855 or SS109 ammo. Be prepared for a big muzzle flash and these rounds will go ka-boom about 99.99% of the time. Usually get 1-to-2 inch groups at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Excellent stuff.Buy more before it goes up in price.....Too late.
Saving mine for my grandchildren that haven't been born yet.Should be able to put them through College with the proceeds.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#8]
An empty wallet.
Seriously, it's good ammo to stash away for emergencies.  I'd save it and buy something else to plink/have fun with.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Expect the best ammo for the $$. Super accurate and clean. That's my fav ammo

Have fun & buy more!

223SAINT
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Whatever you do, do not shoot it.  You need to just look at it, in closed boxes.  Dont shoot it, save it for reselling or SHTF.  Again, dont shoot it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Whatever you do, do not shoot it.  You need to just look at it, in closed boxes.  Dont shoot it, save it for reselling or SHTF.  Again, dont shoot it.

Ain't that the truth!! It used to be my favorite ammo for plinkig. Now I just buy it up whenever,wherever I can and stash it.
It is very,very good ammo. It's got sealed necks and primers,great for running around in the rain!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:19:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Great ammo and what I have the most of.  You'll love it.  If you can get your hands on some Winchester Q3131A, give that a spin also.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:05:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have just started to get ammo for my new ar, lmt 16 inch and have just got a case of 5.56, 55 grain xm193 what to expect from this ammo?

Ammo Faq

Federal/Lake City XM193 review

mike
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:49:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Accuracy was ok for me. Alot depends on your twist. Always functioned fine but in my 1:9 RRA, M855 is more accurate. Try a couple of boxes of green tip to compare the two.

Trying all the different ammo types available is half the fun.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top