Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/26/2003 8:12:23 PM EDT
I recently purchased a Rock River Arms U.S. PROPERTY marked lower. I want to install a RRA M4A3 upper. I couldn't take it anymore. I have been hearing everyone talking about how they are just as good as a Bushmaster and they're putting out a great product. Well i haven't even seen one, except for photos. I've got a post ban M4A3 Bushy and it is all that...Let me know how you fellas think it stands up to a Bushmaster. Are the key bolts on a RRA bolt carrier marked like a BM and are they staked (pinged) or not? What are the barrel markings on RRA? thanks BILLYXM15
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:26:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/26/2003 8:29:13 PM EDT by CJan_NH]
First off, congratulations!! Currently I own nothing but Colts but I have owned a Rock River also. For what it's worth I had far fewer problems with my RRA than with my old Bushy, my DPMS, or my Olympic. Your mileage may vary of course, but I'd gladly buy another Rock River product. In fact, I just got my hands on some stripped RRA lowers for an upcoming build project. I sold mine because I needed cash fast for a medical problem-not because I had problems with it. If yours turns out to be as nice as mine was you will be very, very happy with it [:)] Once again, congratulations for buying a well made product. Your rifle should go together perfectly.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:29:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/26/2003 8:31:42 PM EDT by MurdochsM4]
I have heard a few people state that their RRA's were more reliable than their bushmasters. Ive never shot an RRA, I have looked over a couple M4's and I liked the options, aimpoint sight rail instead of handle, factory hogue grip, etc. Very nice options. Someone had a post about the ATF or similar agency choosing RRA's for service or something? But then some Bushy guy wrote a few threads saying that Bushmaster never went for the contract. It would have been interesting to see who won if they had gone head to head for that contract. Maybe Bushmaster wanted to avoid the possible embaresment? Who knows.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:41:59 PM EDT
Thanks for the great news. Sounds like i'll be happy with my decision. I know lots of different agencies are using lots of different ar15's. My buddy just got back from an interview with the D.O.E. Department of Energy. he said they only carry and use Bushmasters cause they're the only ar15 to exceed milspec. Sounds pretty good to me. thanks BILLYXM15
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:47:07 PM EDT
I love my RRA,...This is my "Go to" carbine....RRA "us prop" lower with RRA kit and 2 stage trigger.RRA M4frgy upper w/ACOG TA01...KAS RAS......This rifle has around 5500+ rounds down the barrel and I've NEVER had a failure....This rifle shoots 1-2" groups with XM193 [img]HTTP://users.adelphia.net/~masine/m41.bmp[/img] ................UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:49:27 PM EDT
Someone had a post about the ATF or similar agency choosing RRA's for service or something? But then some Bushy guy wrote a few threads saying that Bushmaster never went for the contract. It would have been interesting to see who won if they had gone head to head for that contract. Maybe Bushmaster wanted to avoid the possible embaresment? Who knows.
View Quote
Both Colt and RRA won the DEA contract. Colt got a larger share of it for some reason-they didn't say why. Perhaps Colt has the infrastructure to assemble more units at a time than RRA can. I think the Bushy rep who posted in that thread said Bushy wasn't interested in bidding for the DEA contract because they already had enough irons in the fire with other contracts.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:50:19 PM EDT
My last AR was a RRA M$ chrome-lined upper that I put on a US Property RRA lower.Fit and finish was perfect and I never had one malfunction with it.It survived a 2 day carbine course at SIGarms academy and I would trust it with my life.I also had RRA's enhanced bolt assembly and they are staked like all the other carriers.The RRA upper I bought had M4 feed ramps on the carrier and the barrel.I'm not sure any other companies do that besides Colt and LMT.I believe it was the DEA who got the RRA contract.I also owned a BM A2 M4 upper and didn't notice any difference in quality.I did prefer the faux flash hider of the RRA upper over the AK brake on the BM.If I were to choose between the two again, I would choose the RRA.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:33:19 AM EDT
I have both a Bushy M4A3 and a RRA M4A3 that I built. Both are great. My third M4 build that I'm currently working on will also be an RRA.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:54:27 AM EDT
YOU WILL BE PLEASED!!! I just took my first AR (RRA 20" heavy varmint) out yesterday. My shooting is normally done on private ground not at a range so contolled environments is sometimes difficult. However I took on of the shotgun "turkey" targets out. The bullet hole lights up green when you hit the target. I was hitting the turkey in the head from 100-300yrds. Also took clay pigeons out and put them on tree branches. they were being picked off at 200 stepped-off yards. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--Jim
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 8:06:40 AM EDT
Ok I've owned Colt, Bushmaster, and now a RRA M4. The RRA is at least as good as the others and maybe better. Jay
Top Top