Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 5:55:02 PM EDT
...I have another Aimpoint question.  I have been reading many of the threads, but it is possible that I missed something.  Does anyone use a 2x power, 2 moa site?  If so, I would love to hear opinions on it, compared to the 1x power versions.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#1]
People dont like it.  Stick to 1x aimpoints, and other optics for magnification.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:24:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I value your experienced opinions.  What about them are unsatisfying?  It seems as if the 3x multiplier is popular...If so, what makes it better, other than the obvious difference in 2x and 3x?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:10:30 AM EDT
[#3]
The 2x is slow all the time.  With the magnifier you have the option of fast 1x for close to medium range and slower 3x for medium to far.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:54:59 AM EDT
[#4]
One more question, When one uses the 3x magnifier, does the size of the dot get magnified as well?  Ex.- Does a 4moa dot look like a 12 moa dot when using the magnifier?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:59:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
One more question, When one uses the 3x magnifier, does the size of the dot get magnified as well?  Ex.- Does a 4moa dot look like a 12 moa dot when using the magnifier?

Yes, this is why the 2MOA dot is better suited for magnifacation.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top