Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2005 8:22:18 AM EDT
Are the Leapers BDC scopes any good and what kind of price should I expect on a used one.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Not really much good (other than for plinking).  Be sure to locktite the 4 screws that hold the mount to the tube in the 4x21 model.

For a new one you should be paying in the $30-$40 range.  Only you can decide what a used one is worth.

(oh yeah the 4x28 model is a bit better and should run an extra $10 more).
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I was thinking of this for my daughter and the price was pretty cheap.  She has never used a scope so this I don't have to worry if it gets trashed.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:11:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks, I was thinking of this for my daughter and the price was pretty cheap.  She has never used a scope so this I don't have to worry if it gets trashed.

if thats the case i dont see why not.

but keep in mind if she takes a liking to this you will have to upgrade and thats spending twice.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats all right, she has little sisters and a little brother I think it will get broken in.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thats all right, she has little sisters and a little brother I think it will get broken in.

then maybe you should spend a little more for something that will last a lot longer.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a $40 Leapers T168. It works just fine. No Leupy but it does the job at the range.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:36:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess my next question is it good to train kids to shoot with a scope I never did, and I prefer Iron sights I have better then 20/20 vision in both eyes.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:43:02 AM EDT
[#8]
the scope would be easier to use imo.

since with irons, sight picture and cheek weld plays a strong role in poi
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:44:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm starting my kid with a red-dot.  Scopes magify the image making it easier to see - but it also magnifies movement and less skilled shooters might overcompensate.

I think starting out on a basic (1x) optic is fine.  First teach the kids breath control, trigger squeeze, and the basic positions, before you move them to irons and introduce the complexities of sight picture and sight alignment.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top