Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2008 10:33:12 AM EDT
I have a LMT upper on a lMT defender lower standard 18inch barrel with eotech 512 and Yankee hill back up iron sights, I have added a set of surfire 73 rails. and my last additions will be m600 scout light and tango down battle grip with palm insert for pressure pad. I really like the setup right now, a light will be the only addition really but what are your opinions on my setup and what would be the best training ammo, so far xm193 has feed well so far and I have over 30 gi mags so im good there, and a pair of magpul pmas plan to add about 10 more. well what should i bring in terms of spare parts should I bring for my LMT and the only spare rifles I would bring will be a DSA stg58 or my sar1. and the last question are magnifiers a good addition.well any input is appreciated    
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Look at the thread called "What Parts Break in a Carbine Course" tacked at the top of this forum.

It should give you some good ideas.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Spare batteries, a good sling.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:09:15 AM EDT
[#4]
it is a 16 in because the flash hider is not pinned and I have loc tight on back up irons I need to add some more on the rails they got really loose my last range trip and it is a tactical carbine course as seen here http://www.firearmsacademy.com/Lv2Rifl.htm and they give a great deal to active duty military and I have taken a tactical handgun class with them as well. just trying to sharpen up my rifle skills, going back down range next aug, active duty army, to sharpen the sword, I have no idea what our mission will be just trying to stay prepared.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for that website. May have a reason to travel to WA now for some training.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#6]
If you have tightened your Surefire HG's you will need to rezero.
Different pressure will cause point of impact changes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for that website. May have a reason to travel to WA now for some training.

Why? Insights is good. FAS is... yeah...

You're in Nevada. You have access to LMO, Front Sight, Gunsite, etc. Clint Smith is in Oregon.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Been to FS for handgun. Going back for rifle training. Alot of the other places are to expensive for me. I would like to go to Gunsite as well but can't shell out $800 for the class alone. I need to check the others mentioned.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Datruth- you are looking pretty good. Congratulations on seeking training.

Re lights.
I run a G2 light in a VTAC mount at 10 o'clock position. I use a VFG and this light set up meets my requirements.

I don't like tape switches and prefer a clickie switch on this light.
The complete light and mount are available from Viking Tactics www.vikingtactics.com.

Good luck at class.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#10]
You will need a single point or 2 point sling and a way to attach it to your carbine.
Stay away from parade and 3 point slings.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top